Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona HB-2216 Would Allow Direct Sales In Arizona

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Three of the most conservative state representatives in the Arizona House are sponsoring HB-2216 that would allow direct sales of Teslas in Arizona. One of the sponsors is chair of the House Commerce Committee that would, no doubt, hear the bill if it moves forward. Interesting development.

Is there even the slightest possibility they are considering angling for getting the Hyperloop test facility in Arizona? Or, perhaps, some other TM-sourced big project? Certainly they have seen what TM is doing/has done in CA, NV, WA (satellites - not Tesla per se but close enough) and potentially TX.

Good. The only ones opposing this bill should be the ones getting kickbacks from the auto dealers. I mean campaign contributions.

Money and politics are often connected, but the Arizona elections are over. Our legislators need to know that we are interested in free choice. Quite a number of Arizona politicians campaigned on getting government off the back of business. I hope that they are willing to get the government off the back of free enterprise and allow competition to rule. Protectionism shouldn't be able to stop progress.

Allowing Tesla to do business in Arizona is not only pro free enterprise, it also paves the way toward getting the second Gigafactory. They may be in a race with Texas to pass pro-Tesla legislation!

GSP

Allowing Tesla to do business in Arizona is not only pro free enterprise, it also paves the way toward getting the second Gigafactory. They may be in a race with Texas to pass pro-Tesla legislation!

Living in Texas, I doubt very much whether our bought and paid for legislators will do anything they are not paid to do.

While the T & I committee may have been the most direct route for the bill, I'm aware that it wasn't the only possible route. I've been in contact with Jimmy Hamilton of Hamilton Consulting - they are the lobbying firm that Tesla hired to coordinate the efforts on HB-2216. Hamilton indicated that there will be an update by the end of the week on the status of the bill. Stay tuned. Mark

While the T & I committee may have been the most direct route for the bill, I'm aware that it wasn't the only possible route. I've been in contact with Jimmy Hamilton of Hamilton Consulting - they are the lobbying firm that Tesla hired to coordinate the efforts on HB-2216. Hamilton indicated that there will be an update by the end of the week on the status of the bill. Stay tuned. Mark

Mark - Any update on this?

I received the following from Miranda Cain from Hamilton Consulting, the group that Tesla hired to coordinate legislative action.

Tesla Bill Update:
Good afternoon all,

Unfortunately, shortly before the committee hearing, we found out that we wouldn't be able to get it out of the committee. As a result, the strike-everything amendment wasn't offered. This means that the Tesla bill did not make it out of the committee hearing.

We are, however, grateful and appreciative of the time and effort that the Tesla Owners Group has put into sending emails, speaking with members, drafting editorials/columns, and attending legislative hearings. Your support helped start the dialogue and bring awareness to this issue.

Once we have an idea of what our next step is, we will update you all.

Again, thank you all for your support, time, and eagerness to help. If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to call (602-910-0936) or email ([email protected]).

Best wishes,

Miranda Cain
822 N. 5th Ave. Phoenix, AZ 85003
602.266.8339(P) 602.234.1127 (F)
[email protected] (new email address, please update your Contacts)
Visit our website at Hamilton Consulting, Inc. Welcome