Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Unable to start update. Try again later."

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone seen this message when trying to install an update before? I've tried rebooting several times and then applying the update with no luck.

I do also have a message indicated that my 12V battery needs service. Unfortunately, the service center can't get me in for another week and a half. I wonder if the car just won't install an update while that battery is less than 100%?

I see this thread is over 1.5 years old but I am trying to update to 8.0 and getting the same error for several days now. I restarted both screens and have tried while plugged in and not and while on both strong WiFi and LTE. I've tried probably 15 time to install.

Called the 800 number and they had me restart screens again and still could not resolve or even diagnose, said a Service Center would call and they haven't. Seems the Service Centers never pick up their phones and I have left messages at multiple centers.

Obviously frustrated.

If anyone is readying this - how did your error finally resolve? Thanks.

Currently have the same issue, plus the notification to change the 12V battery (current os version 2014.44 641a0dc). Talked to the service center, they'll change my battery in a few months, so I guess no fart mode yet....