Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wincester/Southampton Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Built but not open this afternoon.

20150118_141006.jpg

Yes that's a second supercharger, actually about 8 miles north of the city at a Q Hotels location.

Hoping this is the start of a relationship with Q Hotels who have several other sites with charging, including 2 Roadster HPCs.

Yes that's a second supercharger, actually about 8 miles north of the city at a Q Hotels location.

Hoping this is the start of a relationship with Q Hotels who have several other sites with charging, including 2 Roadster HPCs.

I've just spoken to the Maintenance Manger at Tankersley Manor near Barnsley who has confirmed the Supercharger groundworks are currently happening and the Supercharger should be live by the end of February! This is around 1/2 mile from the M1 J36.

Also two sites in Exeter, Darts Farm (Original) and as of this week Sainsburys. I ran into a contractor finishing the install, who claimed that sainsburys have signed up to install 60 sites, with 6 in the next few weeks (Winchester and Exeter are 2....2 in south wales). Each site has capacity for 6 chargers with large green building, and will be initially rolled out with 2 chargers per site. IF thats true this is a significant upgrade that they should be shouting about.

Green building?

Guessing they're talking in literal terms, i.e. coloured green not environmentally friendly, about the large DNO boxes they install at sites that are going to grow (i.e. where the electricity company's termination point is, with meters, and some presumably immense and chunky bits of metal etc). There's one for example at Maidstone alongside the 3 SC cabinets.

Sorry for bad photo taken in the dark in the rain:
IMG_2158.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

And for the weird second upide down image which I can't seem to delete!

Attachments

• IMG_2158.JPG
    IMG_2158.JPG
    182.6 KB · Views: 177