Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Bumper Sticker thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AudubonB

One can NOT induce accuracy via precision!
Mar 24, 2013
There have been lines thrown around from time to time in different threads about funny, snarky, political, etc. bumper stickers, either noticed or created. With necessary apologies to whoever moderates the Off Topic forum for yet another potential headache-in-the-making, I thought I'd try to create a venue for folks to centralize such bumper sticker lines.

Particularly, of course, because given a top news story of the past day or so, I've got one for all to consider. So here's my first entry:

​Support 1,000 Lashings. Buy More Gas

tesla_edison.jpg

Many years ago, myself in my Fiat 850 Spyder and 2 others were stopped for speeding in northern Ontario. The officer seemed to be quite aggravated and short with me. Then it dawned on me that while reading my rear license plate he also read my bumper sticker which I bought at some souvenir shop in the Black Hills, it read: "Warning, your local Police are armed and dangerous"

Interesting sample stickers/sayings/phrases. My question is: how many owners are actually willing to put bumper stickers on their MS regardless of the phrase on it.
You can count me out.

Mostly count me out as well... but... there are a couple that I'd like to run on days when I really feel like it. And then take it off. Magnetic won't stick to Tesla aluminum body. I looked into vinyl cling. It is really hard to find these in quantity 1 or 2 for a few bucks. Easy to have 125 or 250 made. If there are enough interested Tesla owners that want a given design, I might do a run and resell pairs at a reasonable price.

Meanwhile, I plan to wax a spot really well and put on a conventional sticker on the days I feel like it, peeling it off after a day or two, and storing it on a waxed sheet metal spot in the garage when it is off the car. I hope I can get a handful of repeat uses of the same sticker this way.

Example: Since I live in Texas where most electricity comes from Natural Gas that is produced locally, I will run this sticker (Cafe Press product # 136844727) on occasion:

powered_by_american_electrons_sticker.jpg

Many years ago, myself in my Fiat 850 Spyder and 2 others were stopped for speeding in northern Ontario. The officer seemed to be quite aggravated and short with me. Then it dawned on me that while reading my rear license plate he also read my bumper sticker which I bought at some souvenir shop in the Black Hills, it read: "Warning, your local Police are armed and dangerous"
I swear I'm not making this up - I actually saw a car once sporting a "Bad Cop! No Donut!" bumper sticker. Talk about asking for trouble...