Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggestion - Thread tools filters

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I think many people would agree on this, but looking to a fairly huge thread, sometimes people chimes in a bit too much and realistically with limited read time it would be great to be able to filter all post from the OP only. A good example is this particular thread:

My 2 day old P85D suddenly died in the middle of an intersection

Let say you just come across the thread that is already 295 posts long and just want to get the history, what happened, then what was the outcome and follow-up from Tesla etc.

Filtering with only @osama posts could get the complete story in something like 10-15 posts only.

I don't think its that difficult to implement in the forum software.

--

One more filter that could be handy is to have a show thread pictures (or only posts with pictures).

I would add these two filters in either "Display" or "Thread Tools" little menus of a thread.

Re posts from an OP: We have a search function that accomplishes exactly what you're asking for (though based on the number of duplicate threads that show up on a daily basis, I'm fairly sure a lot of people are unaware of it :) ).

To search in a thread (vs. the whole forum), select 'Search Thread'. Then to find a specific user, select 'Advanced Search' and enter the user name.

Screen shot 1.png

Screen shot 2.png

Hello Bonnie!

Yes I tried this but its not very convenient as you then need to individually click on each posts to read them and go back to search results.

I think it shouldn't be that hard to implement a filter that would look like the normal thread view but filtered with only one user's (the OP) posts.

This is what your partial solution looks like:

thread_search_by_user.png

- - - Updated - - -

This is what I propose as a solution, like showing only posts from the OP but in a thread-like view with complete text:

op_only.png