Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D missed its scheduled charge time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
P85D plugged in to my Chargepoint J1772 charger last night, just like it has for every night since I took ownership in December, did not charge at 3 am as scheduled. When I tried to use the app this morning to force a "start charge", it also did not start charging; tapping the start charge button caused the waiting icon to appear but eventually the button on the app would revert back to "start charge". Had to go to the garage and manually unplug and re plug the charging handle into the J1772 adapter. First time it has missed its scheduled charging time.

Has this happened to anyone else?

P85D plugged in to my Chargepoint J1772 charger last night, just like it has for every night since I took ownership in December, did not charge at 3 am as scheduled. When I tried to use the app this morning to force a "start charge", it also did not start charging; tapping the start charge button caused the waiting icon to appear but eventually the button on the app would revert back to "start charge". Had to go to the garage and manually unplug and re plug the charging handle into the J1772 adapter. First time it has missed its scheduled charging time.

Has this happened to anyone else?

That's happened to me on rare occasions. Agree with Saghost that the cause is likely a plug that is not fully seated.

Could be a few things. Yours is a new car, but mine just started doing this recently after more than a year of working fine. At first, we thought maybe we were pressing the button while plugging the HPWC in, because they made it so that prevented it from working. Even with ensuring we are doing that, the problem has persisted.