Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

T-Rex Silence Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received this info today . . .

We are finalising the Silence T1, it will be ready for ordering fall 2007 in North America through local T-Rex dealers: www.go-t-rex.com, (delivery time is presently 8 months).
We plan to be in California in September to promote the Silence EV. Dates and locations will be announced.

Motor:

AC motor, Peak power: 78KW (98 H.P.), Torque: 252NM (185 lb-ft), 8 000 RPM, (USA, made motor)

No transmission, like an automatic, no shifting required!

Battery pack:

- Environmentally safe, Lithium Ion Phosphate (Battery life, more than 10 year), they will never burn or explode.

- 297 volts max.

- Reserve capacity of 27 KWH standard

- Charge time with regular 240 volt outlet is 6-8 hrs

- Driving range between 200-400 km

- U.K right hand driving option.

Also this great (huge!) photo. . .

http://zobeid.zapto.org/caviar/image/cars/PT2-PHOTO-1.JPG

From this angle I can't see any difference from the standard gas-powered T-Rex (aside from the logo), but maybe that's the point.

Keep in mind, you can put a windshield on a T-Rex but you can't fully enclose it like a car. So weather would be a factor. It also sits very low, so visibility might be a problem on the freeway, surrounded by hulking SUVs. I don't see it as a commuter vehicle, I see it in the same class as the Ariel Atom and Wrightspeed X1, or even the old Lotus Seven -- as a flyweight extreme sports car which is probably most at home on the track, or for Sunday Drives in good weather.

A toy, then. . . but a fabulous toy. :D

Agreed, although I do see people commuting around in Corbin Sparrows (electric and ICE), which have a similar road footprint.

One issue with the 3 wheeled vehicles is that they are typically registered as a motorcycle. In California that means you must wear a helmet, even if it is fully enclosed.

Speaking of not fulling enclosing a T-rex. The SF bay area has such mild weather that you can be happy with an open car. I see people commuting in Lotus Elise and Viper with no top. Sure around December and January they switch to having a top on all the time, but during the summer months you can pretty much get away with leaving the car open all the time.

Sure around December and January they switch to having a top on all the time, but during the summer months you can pretty much get away with leaving the car open all the time.

My single ride in an Elise came in late December last year, in New Jersey, on a cold, blustery day. The top was open, and the owner swore he never used it, cold, rain, whatever. My teeth were chattering, but he seemed quite comfortable with the whole arrangement...