Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solution to cold toes during winter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, even if you turn up the heater to toasty, odds are you toes are still kinda cold in our poorly insulated Roadster.

As I was reading Engadget, came across this puppy on their CES reporting:

Digitsole - The first connected insole: Click, warm and track!

Insole warmer. Not sure how long it "lasts" but its charged by USB so maybe we can charge it while driving (probably not the safest way to go). Probably intended for winter sports people but hey, Roadster driving IS a sport.

I got some black headliner at a local fabric shop and with 2 sided table covered the end of the footwell. Because it is an insulating foam it helps to keep the footwell warm. I also added the full stage 2 sound insulation which also tends to insulate. After doing that 3 years ago I have not really had a problem with cold feet. I helped Henry Sharp with his as well on the stage 2 and his cabin stays a bit warmer through the winter. So there is hope but it is a long weekend of work to apply all the sound proofing.

Would this help?

2015-01-18 18.17.44.jpg

I have the same complaint in my MS. I spoke to service and they said everything was working fine. But my feet are still cold! I think it's poor ducting to floor. At least in the MS.

So I thought I would search today and see if anyone else has this problem. Turns out I'm not alone.

I am comfortable in the car wearing a winter jacket and (before the car warms up) gloves if it is really cold. I set the heat to about 68 which is a comfortable temp (I keep my house at around 65 and that is comfortable for me) and I usually at least start the drive with the seat heater on. For some reason I can never get my feet warm in the car! On short trips it isn't a big deal, but on longer trips it gets to be pretty noticeable.

I keep the car in range mode so that may be a factor.

Oh, and here are some more climate control details: I set the air to outside (recirculate causes fogging), I have the vents set to only the foot well, and I have the fan set to 8.

Last edited: