Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

torch slider 4wd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First of all, I have yet to drive a 4wd Tesla.

But during driving my P85 I did enjoy how a backwheel drived car handled - comming around a corner and strighten the car with the "gass" pedal was pure fun.
I asume this is not the same in a 4 whel drive car where the fun is in the curve, not when you streighten up.

I hope Tesla will at some point make it user selectable where the torch should be.
e.g. "auto" and/or a slider (like the sunroof) where user can select where the torch should be - e.g. 70% rear and 30% front.

This way you may set it to pure frontwheel drive for economic drive, rearwheel drive for fun, or any point in between. - there should of couse be a indication where optimal setting are at current speed and a way to select "auto".
this way I will not miss my P85 driving style :)

does this make sence ?

You want a software adjustment for the torque bias between the front and rear drivetrain, yes your post makes sense!

I think it is a great idea!

There's no traction control off mode in the P85D that I've seen yet, no more snow donuts? That's one of my favorite things to do in my P85.. silent donuts.

The P85D is definitely rear wheel biased, and a flick of the throttle on early exit of a corner will kick in some oversteer. While you can't disable traction control on the P85D, it's definitely sports tuned and will let you get into quite a bit more trouble/fun than the P85 will before the stability control nanny kicks in and cuts the throttle and fires the brakes.

image.jpg

I should clarify that that I did donuts in the snow. Couldn't do them without enabling slip start.