Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

テスラ スーパーチャージャー Japanese Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
公式に出ましたね!京都山科スーパーチャージャーです。

Kyoto Yamashina Supercharger

G-TOM Kyoto-shi, Japan 新十条通

ナビ

Roadside Assistance*0120.032.028

Charging
2 Superchargers, available 24/7

Amenities
Cake & Cafe - Cattelya

Local Highlights
Ohishi Shrine
Yamashina Gishi Festival
Kajyu Temple
Kankiko Temple

Telsa Owners in Japan.

I was at the Grand Hyatt yesterday and noted many TESLA's in the area. :)

However, I would like to remind all of you that the Superchargers are for every ones use. I stopped by to get a quick charge while I grab a bite to eat. The chargers were busy when I arrived, so I went in and came back 30 minutes later to find the same 2 Teslas still charging. I then left the area as I had another appointment I had to attend, after my appointment about 30 minutes later I returned to the Grand Hyatt to find the same 2 TELSA's still charging........by this time about 1hr 30 min had gone by.... so i decided to ask the attendants about how long these cars have been parked "charging". Let's just say, I was PISSED by this abusive behavior so I decided to wait on the owners to return. I did not catch the owner of the black on black P85+ but I did chat with the owner of the red on silver p85+ about 3 hours after being parked in charging space..... please spread the word, CHARGE AND MOVE YOUR VEHICLES once done. I generally leave my number when I'm charging on my windshield so I can be contacted if needed.....

Hi, I was there having a lunch with 5 Tesla owners. When I arrived two cars were there but seems they weren't our cars. We were at a Japanese Grand Hyatt restaurant and one guy went out early. At that time the first car was still charging but the second was gone, so one of our friends who needed a range charge as he traveled back to Kansai yesterday.
My wife went out to check the first car once later, but it was still there so she complained to the attendant that the attendants should ask phone numbers if the driver goes out.

One hour later when the meeting (now four Tesla drivers) was over, two left from P2, the range charging car also left, and I grabbed the first car's spot as he moved out after three hours.

Yesterday, left spot had only 35kW and right spot had 85kW. I don't know why the sum became 120kW... My friend's car took more than two hours to range charge as he was in the left spot.

So the real problem was the first car being there more than three hours, and attendants seem to know who he was, as he rents the parking there (or P2). I hope the next time the attendants teach him how to use a Supercharger.

And I still doubt Tesla or GH may have skimped on electricity for SC...

Hello all,

I'm envious that you guys even get to wrangle for Supercharger slots. I'm sure your discussions now will help set etiquette for future use. Maybe we can create a form here or the mailing list for what info to put on our cars.

I understand current Superchargers divide energy into 12 parts for each paired station, with a total of 120 kW available. First user gets up to 12, depending on how low the battery is. If another user comes, he will 3-4 units, taking away those from the first user. As the first user's battery fills, more units transfer to the second user. So it's a work in progress as time goes on.

Hiroshi has made contact with other owners. Perhaps you can do some experiments over the next few weeks. Have 2 members charge in varying states and watch the results. Just an idea.

Hi, I was there having a lunch with 5 Tesla owners. When I arrived two cars were there but seems they weren't our cars. We were at a Japanese Grand Hyatt restaurant and one guy went out early. At that time the first car was still charging but the second was gone, so one of our friends who needed a range charge as he traveled back to Kansai yesterday.
My wife went out to check the first car once later, but it was still there so she complained to the attendant that the attendants should ask phone numbers if the driver goes out.

One hour later when the meeting (now four Tesla drivers) was over, two left from P2, the range charging car also left, and I grabbed the first car's spot as he moved out after three hours.

Yesterday, left spot had only 35kW and right spot had 85kW. I don't know why the sum became 120kW... My friend's car took more than two hours to range charge as he was in the left spot.

So the real problem was the first car being there more than three hours, and attendants seem to know who he was, as he rents the parking there (or P2). I hope the next time the attendants teach him how to use a Supercharger.

And I still doubt Tesla or GH may have skimped on electricity for SC...

Hi Hiroshi-san & Jay-san,

I was at the Grand Hyatt around 12pm ish Sunday, I did see a few Teslas parked downstairs as I was with a friend who was dropping off his car for a wash.
While there I did see the Brown Tesla (Looked very nice) with the SP360 sports cam on the dash so I knew of this owner from previous post on the Tesla mailing list. :) But I did not see your car Hiroshi.

However, as you and your wife also noted there were some vehicles parked there much longer than needed. Also, before assuming anything I always check the plate numbers to see where the person is from. The two vehicles I saw had Shinagawa plates, I did speak with the owner of the Red TESLA (3+ hours parking) it was a female carrying many shopping bags back to her car. :redface:

As Jay has suggested having a form with general contact information included or if people are worried about their privacy, a LINE contact would also work. Getting a general consensus on what is required from the mailing group would be a good start.

Oh yeah, Hiroshi-san. Do let me know when you are in the Midtown building again, I have something to give you!

3+ hours?! We do need to get a system in place. I like Sean's idea of using line. I just checked and we can create a QR code in line. Someone can scan the code then call or text. That saves money, works over different phone companies, and keeps our phone numbers private. Add a short message to the QR code and put it on our dash or under a windshield wiper.

Hi, Sean, Jay,
It is difficult to educate people. We can, however, keep asking Tesla and in Grand Hyatt's case the valet employees to note the phone numbers of each charging Tesla, and call the owner when the next car comes in. We can also let Tesla know that 2 Superchargers seemed not enough at this very convenient location.

>But I did not see your car Hiroshi.

My car wasn't charging from noon to approx 3pm - it was in the Hyatt's parking, as I know my friend require 2+ hour range charge before finishing long lunch.

BTW I always post my phone number on the windshield.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello all,

I'm envious that you guys even get to wrangle for Supercharger slots. I'm sure your discussions now will help set etiquette for future use. Maybe we can create a form here or the mailing list for what info to put on our cars.

I understand current Superchargers divide energy into 12 parts for each paired station, with a total of 120 kW available. First user gets up to 12, depending on how low the battery is. If another user comes, he will 3-4 units, taking away those from the first user. As the first user's battery fills, more units transfer to the second user. So it's a work in progress as time goes on.

Hiroshi has made contact with other owners. Perhaps you can do some experiments over the next few weeks. Have 2 members charge in varying states and watch the results. Just an idea.

My understanding was that the total would be 135kW. Also, if only one car was charging, I'm supposed to get up to 120kW if the SOC is low and battery is warm. Today's case, my friend's 35kW was charging alone, and my 85kW was also charging alone. That's why I'm wondering... The same friend mentioned that the new Kyoto SC only give him up to 60kW at low SOC (but cold).

Hi, Sean, Jay,
It is difficult to educate people. We can, however, keep asking Tesla and in Grand Hyatt's case the valet employees to note the phone numbers of each charging Tesla, and call the owner when the next car comes in. We can also let Tesla know that 2 Superchargers seemed not enough at this very convenient location.

>But I did not see your car Hiroshi.

My car wasn't charging from noon to approx 3pm - it was in the Hyatt's parking, as I know my friend require 2+ hour range charge before finishing long lunch.

BTW I always post my phone number on the windshield.

- - - Updated - - -

My understanding was that the total would be 135kW. Also, if only one car was charging, I'm supposed to get up to 120kW if the SOC is low and battery is warm. Today's case, my friend's 35kW was charging alone, and my 85kW was also charging alone. That's why I'm wondering... The same friend mentioned that the new Kyoto SC only give him up to 60kW at low SOC (but cold).

Very interesting observation on the power, I also noted about 85kW while charging lastnight at the GH. Come to think of it, I've never seen anything above 100kW being provided to the vehicle. Have you tried charging at the ones in Odaiba? I'll try to go out to Odaiba this weekend and test. Definately seems like we are being skimpted on the power at the Supercharges.:confused:

I've never been to Odaiba but my friends say they got over 100kw there. I also got over 100kW on the right at GH multiple times. Never got 100kW on the left (center).

In GH case it might depend on time of the day. I feel I get higher power on weekdays when less big parties and less occupancy at the hotel.

Hi all,

I wanted to share my Supercharger experience (at GH Tokyo) with you. I used Supercharger B (center) after 21:00 in a weekday in this week. It took almost one hour to fill up the battery from 20% to 80%. It was almost twice as long as my average charging time there: Sep-Dec 2014, charging alone in many cases, although it is still fast, reliable and convenient enough for my life with Model S.

In the first half of the one hour, I got only 25-35kW, probably because another Model S started charging at Supercharger A (corner) just a few minutes before I came in. This car went out approximately 25-30 minutes later and at that time my battery was 45-50% charged. Then nobody used Supercharger A, but I got only 60-80kW and needed to spend another half hour to fill up to 80%. During the one hour the voltage was relatively stable at 370-390V and the ampere was up-and-down: around 70A in the first half, up to 205A and then down to 110A.

The lower watt in the first half was understandable and inevitable in this situation. The longer-than-expected time for the second half was maybe because I set the charge limit at 80% or Model S cannot get the highest watt from 50% SOC, I guess. Lower temperature in winter can be another factor, even though my battery itself would be warm enough at that time.

Otherwise the electric power for Supercharger B may have been limited due to some unknown factors... I know that Supercharger B had been out of order for a while in Nov and was repaired by Tesla engineers, but I am not sure whether this is related to the fact that recently we cannot get more than 100kW there. As far as I know the electric power for GH Tokyo Supercharger A and B is managed by one control unit in the parking space. All the electric power for the Roppongi Hills complex is fully generated by its in-house power generation systems, which have enough capacity to provide energies to outside the complex if needed. There would be no constraints in energy supply for the Supercharger control unit, I hope.

Hi all,

I wanted to share my Supercharger experience (at GH Tokyo) with you. I used Supercharger B (center) after 21:00 in a weekday in this week. It took almost one hour to fill up the battery from 20% to 80%. It was almost twice as long as my average charging time there: Sep-Dec 2014, charging alone in many cases, although it is still fast, reliable and convenient enough for my life with Model S.

In the first half of the one hour, I got only 25-35kW, probably because another Model S started charging at Supercharger A (corner) just a few minutes before I came in. This car went out approximately 25-30 minutes later and at that time my battery was 45-50% charged. Then nobody used Supercharger A, but I got only 60-80kW and needed to spend another half hour to fill up to 80%. During the one hour the voltage was relatively stable at 370-390V and the ampere was up-and-down: around 70A in the first half, up to 205A and then down to 110A.

The lower watt in the first half was understandable and inevitable in this situation. The longer-than-expected time for the second half was maybe because I set the charge limit at 80% or Model S cannot get the highest watt from 50% SOC, I guess. Lower temperature in winter can be another factor, even though my battery itself would be warm enough at that time.

Otherwise the electric power for Supercharger B may have been limited due to some unknown factors... I know that Supercharger B had been out of order for a while in Nov and was repaired by Tesla engineers, but I am not sure whether this is related to the fact that recently we cannot get more than 100kW there. As far as I know the electric power for GH Tokyo Supercharger A and B is managed by one control unit in the parking space. All the electric power for the Roppongi Hills complex is fully generated by its in-house power generation systems, which have enough capacity to provide energies to outside the complex if needed. There would be no constraints in energy supply for the Supercharger control unit, I hope.
Hi, @tfukushi :
Yeah, now I remember that they generate their own electricity by private gas turbine generators. So they must have no issues for demand charges utilities typically charge.

I asked a few questions to Tesla but no replies from them so far. I need to teach them it's pretty rude not answering client emails here in Japan. Different standards apply ;-)

Hi, @tfukushi :
Yeah, now I remember that they generate their own electricity by private gas turbine generators. So they must have no issues for demand charges utilities typically charge.

I asked a few questions to Tesla but no replies from them so far. I need to teach them it's pretty rude not answering client emails here in Japan. Different standards apply ;-)

I've also sent an email, waiting to hear back from the Supercharger team.

@グランドハイアット東京
b29b6bf4d1fe06a30d854899fd8c7417.jpg

38kW!チャデモでもこのバッテリー残量だと50kW出るはず。それが証拠に充電が進んでも出力が下がらない。

29ccafec21ca6ba3bdc100a8d5029cbf.jpg

標準値330km前後からやっと出力が下がってきました。これはバッテリーの残量によるものですが、上の38kWが続くというのが問題だと思います。

やはり出力制限されているのでしょうか?デマンドを抑えたいとか。。