Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Tesla buying experience and a letter of recommendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the letter I sent out to the managers of my Ownership Advisor after I put in my order of my S85D; I wanted to share this with everyone.

-------
I wanted to share my experience in purchasing my first Tesla. I have been a strong proponent of alternative energy and I love technology and since I am in IT, Tesla just was a natural fit.
I have been putting off the purchase for a while now, money was a factor not to mention getting into bleeding edge of technology.

I figured it was easy/cheaper to purchase the shares of TSLA than getting the actual car so I invested what I could back when it was in IPO range. I lucked out and now I was tempted to buy the actual car which I had planned to get in 2 years (read Model X)
Just out of curiosity and since there was no local store, I stopped by at the King of Prussia store and met with Kevin Schrieber. This young man changed my mind about the whole car buying experience. I have owned several used vehicles, pick-up trucks and new luxury vehicles in the past so I am quite familiar with the dealership games, but he impressed me to the point where a Tesla seemed closer in my future than I previously planned. By the way, I have no compelling reason for a new vehicle, the current vehicle I own is only 3 years old and currently has all the advance technology including adaptive cruise control and luxurious comfort.

I wish nothing but good luck to this young man, he is very motivated and extremely knowledgeable and driven by the entire concept of Tesla. How could it be that someone else was more crazy about Tesla than myself!

The test drive with him was nothing like I have ever experienced. I say this because he never once pushed us to make a decision on the purchase and made us feel very comfortable with our decision making process. He answered my questions with diplomatic skills but with high accuracy and he was honest enough to follow up with the questions he was unsure of, heck, he even answered my call to his cell phone while he was on a ski lift while on vacation with his family. Being in IT, now I can relate to this, I have done this quite a bit for my clients.

The second experience with a test-drive was totally impromptu and Kevin went out of his way even though they were almost done for the day for the Pittsburgh Tesla event and accommodated a test drive for my wife, myself and our children. I don't have to go over the jaw dropping experience, but the fact that he made my wife so comfortable in her first experience goes to show this kid is talented.
By this time our decision was made and we drove out all the way again to King of Prussia mall from Pittsburgh to make sure Kevin got the credit for the sale since we were still in our conventional auto buying frame of mind of a salesman getting his commission.

It is irrelevant to us if Kevin gets a commission or a pat on the back, but I wanted to reach out to you and let you know that he was critical in our expedited purchase decision making process.
Please consider this as an endorsement from us for this fine young man and we wish him all the best for all his future endeavors and hope he stays with Tesla for better achievements.

thanks,

-DB

Last edited: