Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Merge/Have Fewer Subforums

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love TMC but I find the narrow scope of individual forums makes it hard to browse. If I want the latest on the Model S I have to click through to six different forums. And if I'm making a thread, many of the forums overlap with each other, leaving it unclear where that new thread belongs. Sometimes a thread will start in one forum and lead somewhere that's more appropriate for another. I don't think I'm the only one with this issue - look how many "moved" threads there are in some places:

Model S
Technical

I don't mind the regional subforums because I am only concerned with my region. But if someone wants to follow all of North America, they're going to have a lot of tabs open. :)

I suggest relying more on top level forums and less on sub-forums. I think this will bring a side benefit of increased activity because more people will be looking at a single forum at any given point in time rather than navigating among them.

I just use "What's New?" link that lists all the currently updated threads across all (sub)forums.

Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

It's a quick and easy way to see what's going on in threads I'm not subscribed to. If you browser the first two pages of "What's New?" I think you'll find it easier than going into each subforum.

edit: Looks like "What's New?" excludes all the regional and country specific forums. So that's a bonus.

You can also Subscribe to certain sections, so when you click the Subscribed Forums button is shows you all the new posts that are in the sections you subscribed to.

There's no ideal system, but making everything into one big morass isn't the solution. Pick the subforum that you feel best describes your topic, and start it there. If the moderators disagree with your choice they may move it, but that's not the end of the world.