Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updates to the OS for UK users

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just read on the forums and seen on you tube that some MS have already had the latest update. V6.1 (2.2.92).

As I notice I haven't had it yet, I wonder if any user knows in what order updates are sent out to UK cars or is there a way to force an update from the car?

Last edited:
But based on past updates, the ordering is primarily random (may sometimes be preference/exclusion for some hardware configurations) and there is NOTHING you can do to accelerate it.

The update is pushed to you, rather than being requested by you. It appears that once your car is selected for upgrade, they will keep trying until it works - so no problem if you are occasionally out of network coverage.

Nothing we can do...it is all such a tease :) I WANT IT NOW....boo hoo.

What does the screen look like if there is an update in the queue, I am worried that I (or my wife) could dismiss the upgrade prompt that I presume appears..and actually have the update waiting in the background to install :( That would be really disapointing.

It seems to change colour on different versions, but the alarm clock image prevails (to the right of the "T" logo)
Update-Clock-Icon-300x129.jpg

The biggest thing you won't miss is that "Software Update" window that pops up immediately on getting into the car after it has downloaded asking if you want it now or at what time it should install it.
(This seems to change in different versions as well - see below)
img1_297_381.png

Note that this only happens when the update has been fully downloaded. The update doesn't require any additional downloading when it starts (but you cannot use the car at the time and if you schedule it during the night and you are charging, it will stop the charge, perform the update then restart the charging. Updates take anything between 30mins and an hour, but a big one may take longer. It will tell you approx how long it should take on the Software Update window.

One of the upgrades which really impressed me is the addition of guide lines superimposed on the rear camera view. For reversing into tight spaces this makes life so much easier.
but be warned, the White lines represent the actual wheel track so you can avoid kerb rash, and the car body hangs out a further few inches. The upgrade arrived last night

Same here PauMac, it showed up last night. When the car was with Tesla this week I asked if they could do the update and they said no it was a rolled out OTA and managed by the factory. Gary

Mine got firmware updated at the Service Centre on Friday, (a later version of 6.1), so it can technically be done. In my case it was to address a specific problem, not just so I could get new features. (I hadn't asked for the firmware update btw)

I imagine they say no unless you are experiencing a problem related to the firmware, so as to stop people flooding the SCs when a new release comes out. (I certainly would from a software roll out management POV.)

I woke this morning to my wife telling me the car has and an update ready, her iPhone had told her. My Samsung S4 didn't tell me this.The Tesla app in iPhones has a notification section, however the android version doesn't.

Unfortunatly she she also told me she is taking my the car to work today, lol so I guess at least I know I can install tonight after work.