Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My entry level Ford/Chevy..etc has a feature that the Tesla doesn't

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shall I list everything this car has that an entry level Ford does not?

I hate these type of quotes (my 1962 corvair has...). It's not like Tesla is buying every single car ever made and creating a list of every feature in every car. They started from scratch, and they are adding the important stuff 1st (well, whatever they think is important). I have no problems with that. Would I like some of the convenience features? Sure, but I'm sure they will come, in time.

Feel free to, if you want. I don't care. My point was that automatic parallel parking is hardly some sort of technological advance, and in fact should be regarded as an area where Tesla has been lagging behind the competition.
I'd like to see that Ford park itself in a garage without you being inside the car and then come out again after opening the garage door.

That is what Tesla is selling here. Not simple paralell parking.

edit: i'd like to see my future Tesla do the same of course:)

I'd like to see a Ford park itself in the garage, and come out again as a Tesla...now that would be impressive!

I'd like to see that Ford park itself in a garage without you being inside the car and then come out again after opening the garage door.

That is what Tesla is selling here. Not simple paralell parking.

edit: i'd like to see my future Tesla do the same of course:)

Autopilot parking available now?

The text makes it sound like they've added auto-parallel parking, which entry level Fords have had for years.

These comments always miss the point. Does the entry level Ford go 0-60 in under 6 seconds with the fuel efficiency of almost 90mpge? Ford has a massive parts bin to pull from so of course will have some features that Tesla doesn't yet. Tesla has slowly addressed many of the missing features a car in this price class should have.

Either way it's good Tesla is adding these features.