Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Xenon headlights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand the theory is that HID (high intensity discharge) lights - AKA 'xenon' (which is just the gas that is in the bulbs) generate a lot of scattered and therefore annoying glare when used with dirty lenses. Washed, they don't cause this glare. It's a bit moot in my view - if they insisted on having washers AND wipers then I might agree but washers on their own... ? I was also unaware of the lower power/no need for washers thing. MW

Googling around the Osram stock 35w ballast part is 10R-034663, I can's find a 25w version. They could be using the stock 35w ballast with a lower wattage lamp installed. It's a discharge so it's the upper wattage not the lower that's required. Has anyone looked at the UK ballast sticker?

Gary

One of the headlights of my Tesla Model S 2012 went out recently and I am looking for the replacement. While searching for the replacement I found an online store claiming that they offer Genuine original Osram D3S HID Xenon bulb to replace factory fitted bulb on HID headlamps Tesla 2012. Is there anyone of you who have ever tried any product from this store? Would you recommend buying it? Suggestions required. Here is the product
Osram D3S Xenon Bulb | Osram Xenarc 66340 | Xenarc D3S 35W