Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Transferring settings on trade-in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apologies if this was asked and answered already... couldn't find it via search.

I'm trading my S in for the P85S... I'll be dropping the car at the service center and getting the new one. For those of you who've done this, did the service center offer the option of transferring your settings from one car to the other?

Apologies if this was asked and answered already... couldn't find it via search.

I'm trading my S in for the P85S... I'll be dropping the car at the service center and getting the new one. For those of you who've done this, did the service center offer the option of transferring your settings from one car to the other?
They did not. They were going to clear out all the settings for me on my old car but I went through most things manually and deleted (for any personal items). I think the 6.1 release allows a reset back to factory defaults but no sign of any method of exporting/importing. I guess its possible that the feature exists but my SC didn't know about it so I'm interested to see if anyone else has a different experience.

I emailed ownership a few months ago to request this very feature, back in October after placing my P85D order - an upgrade from my ol' 2013 P85. I noted that as more and more people take delivery of their second (and third, and so on) Model S, this will increasingly become more important.

Over the air would be ideal, but even being able to transfer settings on a USB stick or a Service Center tech doing it with a laptop would be fine.

I asked if there was an open bug/feature request for it. They said there was and that they'd +1 it. I recommend others do the same.

It is a great idea. I have actually complained to Infiniti about this in the past too, as I used to upgrade every two years and it was a PITA to get everything setup in the new car each time. AFAIK they still don't support it.

Even better if they could sync your settings to your MyTesla online account. That way you could log in and sync your settings back down to the car.

For loaners they could segregate it so that only driving preferences and not more secure settings like remote access are downloaded.