Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pricing discrepancy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

Not that this changes anything, but just out of curiosity, has anyone else in Toronto noticed a pricing discrepancy between what they paid and what the monroney sticker lists?

My sticker listing was $15,000 less :)

After going over it, Scott and I concluded that the missing money is for the 'upgrade' to the 85kWh battery.

(I hope I am understanding this correctly)

Was it originally listed as a 60kWh? If it was an 85kWh and they stated it was upgraded, I'd be a bit curious to understand why. AFAIK, Tesla does not do battery upgrades for a while now, they used to from the 40kWh to 60kWh for a fee and then 60kWh to 85kWh but that was 2 years ago.

(I hope I am understanding this correctly)

Was it originally listed as a 60kWh? If it was an 85kWh and they stated it was upgraded, I'd be a bit curious to understand why. AFAIK, Tesla does not do battery upgrades for a while now, they used to from the 40kWh to 60kWh for a fee and then 60kWh to 85kWh but that was 2 years ago.

No its weird, its listed as 'standard battery' and then further down the list it reads upgrade to 85kWh battery- included. The cost of going from the base 60 to the 85 is about $15,000, so that's why Scott and I figured the price is off by $15,000.

I'll try to take a pic and post it when I get home.