Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did anyone order their P85D with the premium interior package?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

island

Fairfield County / NYC
Nov 15, 2014
CT
Can't seem to find any photos of a P85D with the ambient lighting on. I can understand that not many want to spend 4K for better leather and some LED lights thus the lack of posts.

Anyone with pics? Considering this is the one option I am not getting I'd like to see how the lights look. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the two video screen shots I saw on Youtube but they are still shots from a slideshow so this was the best I can get. Still looking for some nice shots.

Screen Shot 2015-01-11 at 8.44.08 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-01-11 at 8.43.56 PM.jpg

I got the premium interior package on my lowly S85 that I picked up last month. I don't have any pictures but the pkg is well worth it for a car in this price range in my opinion. You didn't mention the most striking upgrade, the suede on the dash, it's usually the first thing people compliment.

I have the premium interior,

definitely an overpriced package (especially considering the price of SubZero), but tbh, i wanted the nappa leather on the armrests and on the door panels. The plastic is just terrible.

At least they knocked $1K off the package with the latest MS update. I'll pick it up now because I really wanted the lighting. Now it's just a matter of grey or black interior...

The problem is the difference in leather is almost certainly much more in feeling than look.

If you are coming from a Porsche Panamera or Mercedes S class, losing the full leather is probably very noticeable. If you are coming from a Toyota Prius, you probably wouldn't notice the difference.

I have the premium package in my P85D -- any specific photos you would like?

I'll try and get a good sampling when I have some free time and when it stops raining.

That explains it... my last car was a Prius. :)

It seems that Tesla has four very different customer segments:

1) Green types who came from Prius or some older fuel efficient ICE (read: not a luxury car). This group likely focuses heavily on the WH/Mile number, and doesn't really use the high speed, or quick acceleration features very often (or at all). This group will likely not experience any benefit for P85D > P85 and perhaps P85 > S85. This group will likely not experience any benefit from Premium interior.This group probably will care about WH/Mile heavily.

2) Engineer types who came from (whatever -- wide variety), This group will have varying opinions of quickness, speed, and fit/finish depending on their previous experience. This group may or may not care about WH/Mile other than for roadtrips where superchargers are not closely spaced/convenient.

3) Luxury / Sportscar customers who primarily came from Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, Audi. These customers will notice P85D > P85. Most of these customers will notice full leather. This group probably won't care about WH/Mile other than on roadtrips where superchargers are not closely spaced/convenient.

4) Technology enthusiasts - I can't really explain this viewpoint as I fit into this myself, but I also fit into 2 and 3, which I think drives my viewpoint much more, and makes it difficult to distill this group.

For threads such as this, explaining your background along with your opinion will probably display a lot of this.

I will agree though, that $4000 is a huge price for a little bit of leather and some LED lights, but I suspect that they probably also select the "better" leather for premium interior customers which also probably goes somewhat into this price. I would call this type of pricing "Porsche pricing" (as they are well known for having large numbers of very expensive options that seem like they should be standard).

I'm also contemplating the premium package. LED heads and foggers would be great as would the lighted handles and sills. The powered lift gate and nappa leather - don't really care about. So 5K is hard to swallow for the lights alone..

I'm also contemplating the premium package. LED heads and foggers would be great as would the lighted handles and sills. The powered lift gate and nappa leather - don't really care about. So 5K is hard to swallow for the lights alone..
I have stated this in a few other threads today, but to repeat:: there are NO LED HEADLIGHTS on the Model S order page.
I keep trying to correct this misinformation and it keeps popping up. I don't know why.

What about the center floor. In the interior photo for the "Premium Interior and Lighting" package it looks like it has a yacht type floor. It looks like its wood, but without the stripes. Can anyone confirm that you also get that? Also, are the interior LED's just white or can you change the color?