Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to park in DFW for 2 weeks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All

I will be leaving country for 2 weeks and my departure is from DFW.

Does anybody know where I can park for 2 weeks plugged in close to DFW?

Thanks
DFW Valet will park the car in Terminal D and keep it charged for you at an extortionate price. Park and Fly also has charging. You need to be a member of the EVGo network and pay a $5/day premium. There are probably other options.

Any chance you could leave your car near your home in East Texas, be dropped off and take a commuter flight over to DFW?

Love Field has EV Parking, I don't know that I have ever located EV parking @ DFW.
And I am a heck of a lot closer to DFW than you are, even when I leave it there for a week.

DFW needs to do like us in Austin. The city put in 10 L1 chargers because who needs L2 for cars at the airport for days... They were able to put in more chargers that (hopefully) will get used longer. They MAYBE could put a couple of L2 in the waiting lots for pickups...

Over a taxi, I'd choose Uber or even SuperShuttle.

Last edited:
DFW needs to do like us in Austin. The city put in 10 L1 chargers because who needs L2 for cars at the airport for days... They were able to put in more chargers that (hopefully) will get used longer. They MAYBE could put a couple of L2 in the waiting lots for pickups...

Over a taxi, I'd choose Uber or even SuperShuttle.

I visited with DFW's Sustainability Manager a few weeks ago and advocated for just that. I think that's what they're going to do.

this is a good thread for me as I will be getting a Model S here this next week and trying to decide on how to handle business trips.

I remember the DFWvalet offering charging, is the price published somewhere?

Also, how does Love Field deal with EV parking?

this is a good thread for me as I will be getting a Model S here this next week and trying to decide on how to handle business trips.

I remember the DFWvalet offering charging, is the price published somewhere?

Also, how does Love Field deal with EV parking?

I used the DFW valet service for two years before I relocated to Arizona and owned a Volt. It was $22 parking per day with no fee for charging. They always made sure it was fully charged before my return. Having them manage the L2 charger means that more people get to use it since it is never blocked unnecessarily by people parking while traveling. I was gone most weeks for 3-4 days at a time and only needed 3-4 hours charge at most. Contrast that to Phoenix. It cost $25 per day to park at the terminal (no valet offered). There are 3 Blink chargers that are constantly blocked by EV's ( observed a MS frequently occupying a space while not charging ) mostly not even charging but if they were its another $20+ per day for charging, even when full. Trust me I found out the hard way when I was able to plug in my old Volt and got a $48 charging fee.

Since I bought my MS I now have plenty of range that I no longer need to get a charge while parked for 4 to 5 days.

I visited with DFW's Sustainability Manager a few weeks ago and advocated for just that. I think that's what they're going to do.

Glad to hear that Bollar. Yeah that makes much more sense. No need for a L2 charger when staying for several days. Sometime gone for just over night probably doesn't need a charge. Someone gone for 3+ days only even needs a 110 outlet.

Glad to hear that Bollar. Yeah that makes much more sense. No need for a L2 charger when staying for several days. Sometime gone for just over night probably doesn't need a charge. Someone gone for 3+ days only even needs a 110 outlet.

110 outlet is more than enough...at 3-4 miles per hour of charging ...and even if I am gone 2 weeks just like last time it should be plenty of charge...