Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Browser bug -- click to scroll to anchor causes screen corruption

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been having a problem with the browser to properly redraw the screen when I am having the screen scroll down to the bottom of the page using an anchor.

I've created a bare-bones basic HTML page to demonstrate this problem: Scroll Down Screen Refresh Bug

PLEASE NOTE: This page will work perfectly in any regular browser. So trying to test it there will not display the actual problem. You need to run it in the actual car browser.

The problem is simple. The web page is larger than the touchscreen in split screen mode. If you click on the link at the top "Click to scroll to #scrolltobottom anchor footer" all that is is an href="#anchor" link to an anchor at the bottom of the page. In every browser since the early days of the web, this scrolls the page to the named anchor.

But in the Model S browser, the page does indeed scroll down to the bottom of the page, but the screen is not updated to reflect the new page position. You can see this since the "Button #1" button will still be visible to you, but in fact, it isn't there since it has scrolled off the screen. Likelwise, Button #2 has scrolled into view and you can click it, but it is not actually displayed.

Not until you use your finger to scroll the page in any direction just one pixel does the screen refresh itself to show the actual page and updated position and Button #2.

You can also try the "Scroll to Top" which does the same in reverse -- just scrolls to another anchor at the top of the page. This causes even more screen corruption.

To reload the page without the anchor tags, just click "Reload Page" at the top (assuming you can see it).

I've tried dozens of ways in javascript and jquery to force a page redraw (not a refresh) to show the actual scroll position, with no luck whatsoever.

I'm turning to the TMC hive mind to help me find a way to fix this problem, so my SuperCharger Logging app (http://LogMySc.com) will work as I intend it to work!

Thanks.