Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I-10 West in TX dropped from Supercharger plan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BerTX

Supporting Member
May 2, 2014
Texas/Washington
I just noticed that I-10 heading west from San Antonio has been dropped entirely from the 2015 Supercharger map. It still appears partially on the 2016 map, but is incomplete.

I can understand that this is not a heavily traveled part of I-10 and towns are few and far between, and the 80 mph speed limit decreases range, but it makes the trip to the west coast much longer. Oh well, I can visit my niece in Kansas on the way to Washington state, I guess...

Good eye, I hadn't seen that yet. Looks like the I-10 West SuperChargers got changed for ones to south Texas (which will help the folks in Corpus a lot). My guess is it got reprioritized because of South Texas ownership and the Spring Break destination of South Padre. Potentially also because of the SpaceX launch site in Boca Chica--you can bet there will be a lot of Teslas heading down for the first launch and probably a lot of activity as it gets built. Overall, this works better for me as I have family in McAllen so I can live with a 1 year delay before I can drive to LA. :)