Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Swag did Tesla give you at delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see people posting their experience taking delivery of their new P85Ds. People are being given scarfs, shirts, etc.
My question is what sorts of things are being done to make your delivery memorable? Doesn't have to be swag - can be any memorable moments.

Nothing at delivery except for a bottle water (Van Nuys) :crying:

Placed the order at the Topanga store on my wifes birthday & had to pay for hats & apparel, they were very generous & gave us each a keychain.
Screen-Shot-2014-04-13-at-9.43.08-AM.jpg

I see people posting their experience taking delivery of their new P85Ds. People are being given scarfs, shirts, etc.
My question is what sorts of things are being done to make your delivery memorable? Doesn't have to be swag - can be any memorable moments.

Nada. Was looking forward to the bow on the car at least (but not to keep). No scarves, hats, anything ... not even a license plate frame.
In fairness, I took delivery of my P85D on 12/30 and the SC had been slammed. Apparently they were out of stock of all the Tesla swag. I'm curious
what is typical however, as the staff has been gracious about offering "that stuff" (all I asked for specifically was the license plate frame) when
they have it in stock. What should I (reasonably) ask for ?

Nothing at delivery, although over the subsequent many months have received the key chain depicted above.

FAR MORE IMPORTANT than such gewgaws, however, we have received stunningly courteous and beyond-the-pale service again and again and again. I'll trade you 5 gigazillion mugs for an hour of the former.

We received nothing with our Model S. The last car buying swag I've gotten was two Aston Martin hats.

However, we did get some gray "Tesla Drivers Group" hats at the opening of the Dallas Gallery. Since it was also my wife's birthday they gave her that nice wool-like gray/white blanket.

Anyone can do swag, but only Tesla can make a Tesla. ;)

Reactions: UnbeknownstToAll
At my P85D delivery Dec 30th @ Van Nuys: I got 2 scarfs draped over the front seats & a big bow on the hood (they didn't let me keep the bow though).

ps: and I missed Elon by a few hours

Last edited:
I posted a similar question prior to my delivery.

Delivery Expectations

What I wouldn't do again is take delivery in Fremont at quarter end. I took delivery at quarter end and the third day of 100 car/day delivery. Needless to say, the delivery experience was a little disappointing, my DS wasn't even there. I got no swag, but asked for some in the delivery lobby and they said they were out of key fob covers and only had one hat left since this was on the tail end of the end of quarter delivery. I eventually got two keyfob covers and a second hat from the Ownership Advisor I had been working with at our local showroom.
Other than the delivery shortcomings my Tesla experience has been impeccable. I've plugged into the showroom's HPWC while shopping and returned to see that the TMC person shining the demo cars was shining my car, the SC has proactively called me to schedule to replace my brake booster, come Monday morning the SC will be picking my car up from my home to do some additional work on my car and leaving a loaner in it's place.
Sure, I would have like some more swag, jackets would be nice, but I'm still glad I bought a MS.