Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need tesla repair shops, poor car was hit today :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone backed in to my car in a parking lot and the front pass bumper is marked up pretty bad, and looks like some alignment issues with the front bumper as well. Need help with finding a repair shop in the Northern VA area that is approved by tesla, or should I just give it to the rockville service center to send of somewhere? Not really sure how to deal with tesla repairs since i heard they need specially approved body shops to do the work. It was the other drivers fault so i believe ill have to deal with the wonderful people at her insurance to get this taken care of. Anybody with experience in this area, please let me know if theres any unique issues or circumstances i need to look out for/deal with.

heres a pic of the damage...

teslahit.jpg

Someone backed in to my car in a parking lot and the front pass bumper is marked up pretty bad, and looks like some alignment issues with the front bumper as well. Need help with finding a repair shop in the Northern VA area that is approved by tesla, or should I just give it to the rockville service center to send of somewhere? Not really sure how to deal with tesla repairs since i heard they need specially approved body shops to do the work. It was the other drivers fault so i believe ill have to deal with the wonderful people at her insurance to get this taken care of. Anybody with experience in this area, please let me know if theres any unique issues or circumstances i need to look out for/deal with.

heres a pic of the damage...

View attachment 68863

I would contact your local service center.

The good news is it looks like the entire front bumper piece will be replaced (molded plastic) and it did not hit/damage the aluminum.
After nose piece is ordered, delivered and re-fitted, you won't know it happened.
And it should not take a quality body shop more than a day to remove some pins, drop the existing bumper and install the new one.

I figured the bumper would be replaced for sure, but wheel well is also cracked and in a few pieces. The headlight was not damaged but does not appear to be flush with the hood line anymore. The hood front edge also does not look to be aligned correctly. Hopefully there isn't any severe damage hidden underneath. I emailed my service center guy and hopefully he can help me out.

The only reason I know any of this, is my front bumper got disengaged on a concrete parking stop.
And my Service Center was able to mostly get it back to nearly new condition.

I wouldn't worry about any alignment issues at this time, because the bumper is now probably slightly warped.
The new bumper (and wheel well liners pieces) will allow things to get into better/correct alignment.

It was the other drivers fault so i believe ill have to deal with the wonderful people at her insurance to get this taken care of.

Generally you can just deal with your own insurance company directly and they will deal with the at fault driver's insurance. That's one of the "perks" of having insurance since your own company should in theory give you better service since you weren't at fault and they want to keep you a satisfied customer.

Generally you can just deal with your own insurance company directly and they will deal with the at fault driver's insurance. That's one of the "perks" of having insurance since your own company should in theory give you better service since you weren't at fault and they want to keep you a satisfied customer.
i actually ended up having to deal with the other parties insurance (travelers) but so far it has been a fairly smooth process. Liability has been assigned to the other party so that issue is resolved, and i just got an estimate today. Only concerns i see now is the estimate was VERY low at 1100$, doesn't account for a new bumper or what i imagine will be more expensive paint (being the MC red). hopefully that doesn't become an issue, but i cant get in at europro in MD until the 9th of feb, so itll be a bit of a wait. at least the car is still drivable.

i actually ended up having to deal with the other parties insurance (travelers) but so far it has been a fairly smooth process. Liability has been assigned to the other party so that issue is resolved, and i just got an estimate today. Only concerns i see now is the estimate was VERY low at 1100$, doesn't account for a new bumper or what i imagine will be more expensive paint (being the MC red). hopefully that doesn't become an issue, but i cant get in at europro in MD until the 9th of feb, so itll be a bit of a wait. at least the car is still drivable.

Wow, I just noticed you had the car a whole freakin' month before some dingaling backed into you. I feel your pain. I don't believe your estimate either. When my Audi A6 was hit (had that a whole SIX months) the Europros cost was well over $2k because of the clear coating that needed to be done. The good news is that their work is beautiful. The bad news is that they are slow and expensive. When my car was in this summer I noticed a bunch of Model S on their lot, so they work on a bunch of them. Glad the car is driveable, but I would just grit my teeth and wait this out. I wish you luck.

Paul