Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.1 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tomas

Out of warranty...
Supporting Member
Oct 22, 2012
Santa Barbara/New York
IF the mods allow this to stay... it is a thread for pre-driver assist, pre-D owners.
Yes, that's right! I'm brown, lacewood, P (all antique) AND I'M PROUD. So proud, I spent an extra 5k after D announcement to paint correct and wrap my car!

I want a new FW thread that's for grizzled vets: no release anxiety, no "I didn't get it", no "I got it", no redundant posting of the release notes!
AND, no endless discussion of ACC, lack of blind spot detection, and other driver assist stuff we ain't got.

SO, if you're an antique P85, P85+, 85, 60, or 40 owner and have some insight on 6.1, put it here!

IF the mods allow this to stay... it is a thread for pre-driver assist, pre-D owners.
Yes, that's right! I'm brown, lacewood, P (all antique) AND I'M PROUD. So proud, I spent an extra 5k after D announcement to paint correct and wrap my car!

I want a new FW thread that's for grizzled vets: no release anxiety, no "I didn't get it", no "I got it", no redundant posting of the release notes!
AND, no endless discussion of ACC, lack of blind spot detection, and other driver assist stuff we ain't got.

SO, if you're an antique P85, P85+, 85, 60, or 40 owner and have some insight on 6.1, put it here!

The mods just need to pull all the ACC and driver assist stuff discussion out of the Firmware thread and put it into it's own discussion. I am curious on how many of us "antiques" have actually gotten the update yet and if they have seen any bugs.

I feel kind of proud that mine is an "antique". We recently had a meet up, and mine and a sig were the only ones more than about 7 months old. it was like a badge of honor, and the newbies were sort of giving us props for buying so early. Funny.

Great idea! Wading through the more general firmware 6.1 thread to filter out the posts about the emerging autopilot features is tedious.

However, I humbly object to the term "antique". That term is usually used to refer to automobiles greater than 25 years age, and has the connotation of obsolete. My Model S is not antique nor obsolete; it's now "pre autopilot vintage" (as in the sense of a fine wine), and is still getting appropriate firmware updates from the mother ship.

I have not received the update yet, but my July 2014 build P85+ is in the San Diego Service Center and one of the items on the docket was "firmware upgrade". I am due to get the car back today (Sat Jan 10), and I hope the appropriate 6.1 firmware will be on-board. If it is, I'll post what I learn here later today or tomorrow.

I am content not having the "D" but missing out on parking sensors by a few weeks still pisses me off, my maps have never been updated so hopefully that will all be packaged together in 6.1.

Waiting for the update notification on the iPhone sure is nice compared to going out to the garage to check like in the "old days".

Mod note: I waded through the Firmware-6-1 thread and moved all the ACC discussion to Adaptive-Cruise-Control-(8experience-post-FW-v6-1) (don't ask me how long it took....my mouse is sore)

Changed the title of this thread but please use the Firmware-6-1 for discussion of the firmware.

(I also alerted to the other mods that in future we may need separate threads for FW updates relevant to "Classic" cars or to "Autopilot" cars)

I have a "classic" MS too - just missed the parking sensors. I went to the "D" announcement, love the car and glad they did it, but there is nothing compelling for me there.

I am, however, glad to see features in 6.1 that are relevant and still work for us too.

I am content not having the "D" but missing out on parking sensors by a few weeks still pisses me off, my maps have never been updated so hopefully that will all be packaged together in 6.1.

Waiting for the update notification on the iPhone sure is nice compared to going out to the garage to check like in the "old days".

Are you sure you didn't get a maps update at any point? I got one in mid-december, unrelated to any other software update, and my car (a 2012 Signature, vin #553) is way older than yours.

Heh, funny thread.. :)

I have a "semi-classic" S85 (no autopilot stuff, but new enough that I have parking sensors and titanium shield from the factory). I got 6.1 last Thursday, so I was pretty much among the first who received it. This was interesting in itself, as it took 2 weeks for the 6.0 to come my way (counted from the first reports).

So, yes, 6.1 is coming to our classic cars as well as to the new P85Ds. :)