Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior pictures with gray seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hope this helps. I took some pictures after we picked up the car in Fremont, CA. I got the black headliner to compliment the grey seats. I didn't want it to be too dark in the cockpit. So far no issues with color transfer.

Hi,
Can someone post or point me to interior pictures showing the gray leather seats up against each of the two Alcantera headliners ?

thanks in advance.

20141207_173741.jpg

20141207_173931.jpg

20141207_174311.jpg

20141207_173850.jpg

My two cents - don't get grey. I have been shocked how much color transfer is getting on the leather from blue jeans, etc. Wish I would have gone black.

Did you ever seal or protect the seats? I'm hearing great things about GTechniq L1, but you'll obviously want to clean or get your seats cleaned before using.

I'm a black leather guy normally, but considering the grey, so. . . Keeping an eye on this one!

Love my grey seats but the advice on treating them with a Leather Barrier is probably a good one.
The grey lightens up the car and it's more of BMW's Silverstone color rather than a dove or smoke grey.
I plan on getting the best leather treatment I am able to once the next gen seats go in.

I did not. Guess I should have. FWIW, I had no idea when I ordered that grey seats came with black carpet. Had I known that I would have ordered black leather.

thanks sickfox for the pix...

Now that you mentioned carpet color, I never thought of that.
I wonder if that means I shouldn't order the white alcantera if the carpet is black.

What determines the carpet color selection ?

About to decide on ordering the Model S with deep blue exterior, considering the gray leeather and black alcantara. Any pictures or thoughts on this combination?
Heard the gray is hardly ordered in the Netherlands so far, making it hard to get a good impression

Basically, you can't make this car look ugly, no matter how hard you try to misfit the interior combos. :) I would have preferred a faux-leather option with a black textile headliner and sustainable bamboo wood trim though.

Yup, I'm one of those. I would prefer to roll up to my backyard grill, working on a grass-fed cut of dry-aged ribeye with my awesome looking Model S in the driveway winking at me. Damn, I can taste it.

- K

About to decide on ordering the Model S with deep blue exterior, considering the gray leeather and black alcantara. Any pictures or thoughts on this combination?
Heard the gray is hardly ordered in the Netherlands so far, making it hard to get a good impression

I ordered the old blue with grey interior and the black alcantare headliner. The car has been described as royal be several people who saw it inside. I would say that it is a winning combination. Also don't order grey seats without the black headliner it sort of looks weird, not bad but just a bit "tri-colory".

The car is not home now, but I will try to get a few shots and post a picture.