Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster High Power Wall Connector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking for a High Power Wall Connector for the Roadster, but Tesla seems not to be selling it now. Anyone have an idea for a solution?

[Re-using a post I just wrote yesterday in another thread].

Get the Model S HPC and The Can SR from hcsharp.

Or get a 100A Clipper Creek J1772 EVSE and the Can JR from hcsharp or the Tesla J1772 to Roadster adapter.

[additional content since the original post in the other thread spurned it]

The CAN SR has a waiting list and I think that the CAN JR does not (so check with Henry).

The Roadster will charge the fastest on either of those two solutions as you will be charging at 70A.

The UMC is a worthy solution that goes at a reasonable 40A using a NEMA 14-50 and that gets around 29-31 miles per hour charge.

Check with your electrician on the cost to install such a large amperage device to your panel (and check your supply capacity from the utilitiy.) (200A/100A, less?)

Last edited:
Thanks much AEdennis, strider, and Jaff ! Very helpful - I'm new to the Roadster. I've got to think... since I have a J1772 adaptor I probably should get the Clipper Creek. But I'm on the waiting list for a Model X, so maybe I should go ahead and get the Model S HPC and a CAN SR.
Strib

Thanks much AEdennis, strider, and Jaff ! Very helpful - I'm new to the Roadster. I've got to think... since I have a J1772 adaptor I probably should get the Clipper Creek. But I'm on the waiting list for a Model X, so maybe I should go ahead and get the Model S HPC and a CAN SR.
Strib

You're welcome. With the drop in Model S HPWC prices, it makes so much sense to go that route. Check with Henry (hcsharp) on the wait list for CAN SR, otherwise you're charging 110V for a while. Frankly I would install one hardwired and several NEMA 14-50/NEMA 6-50 outlets.

I don't mean to undercut Carnut's private sale, but in case anyone else is interested, Tesla IS still selling the Roadster HPWC... I bought one about a month ago. Apparently Clipper Creek is making only a few at a time, but you can indeed get one. (It's still listed as available on the Tesla Gear site, as well.) Interestingly, mine came with 2 user guides, one from Clipper Creek and one from Tesla.

I also have a Roadster HPWC that I'm going to post for sale. Perfect condition. I'll post pictures soon. PM me for more info!

I just bought the car and don't need the HPWC since I live in an apartment complex that only has NEMA 14-50 charging and no plans to buy a house in the near future.