Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I've been a stalker for over a year...now I am an owner as well

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last Friday my wife and I took off on a drive to Mundelein, Illinois. I had come very close over the past year to clicking the "Order" button to order a new Tesla Model S. When the Dual Motor option was announced, I immediately wanted to order one, but didn't. I had a 2008 BMW M3 Convertible which was a great car. I am not the greatest car salesman in the world, so my attempts to sell it were not very aggressive. I knew I'd lose a lot of equity in the car if I traded it in. My one visit to a Tesla Store in Oak Brook Illinois to find out what they would offer me on my car as a trade in was disheartening.

So, I continued playing around with the Model S configuration tool online and dreamed.

One day I thought to myself - I have an M3, but how often do I REALLY utilize the "M" Mode and go crazy? Rarely. I currently have a Rear Wheel Drive car. Do I need Dual Motors? No. Even in snow and ice I often notice myself being able to maneuver through the roads better than most people with front wheel drive.

I then started searching eBay and Autotrader just like I had when I decided I wanted an M3. I searched and searched and searched until I found what I thought was a good price on a great car. When I found it, I emailed the salesman. I didn't even give him a real phone number. I didn't want any pressure. I asked for a trade in value on my M3 and for some wiggle room on their price. I was shocked that they came back with a fairly good offer for my car and they came down $1,777 on the Model S. One more email back telling them to give me $1,000 more on my car and we have a deal. A reply that said Ok. Done.

I picked up the car the next day. I couldn't be happier.
IMG_2161.JPG

[SUB]My Tesla Model S - P03288 - 2013 - Blue - Pano Roof - 21" Wheels - Tan Interior - Purchased Used w/7,000 Miles - 01/02/15 [/SUB]

CurtGentry, Welcome and Way to make your Dream turn to reality. It seems to be a character trait among many Tesla owners, They know what they want and take action to find a way to get it done! I was not sure if I could afford a Model S85 and then I found a credit union that gave me 1.49% financing and it made it possible for me. That was 13 months and 16,000+miles ago and I am so happy with my decision. Best car and best service I have ever had! Owning a Tesla is a Dream come True! :) Montana just got it's Superchargers the past couple months and I am loving driving long distances for free! (no extra cost)

Congrats CurtGentry - nice color combo, btw!

It sounds like you and I took similar paths our Tesla's. I made the "mistake" of test driving a Tesla last April and was immediately smitten. I spent the next 6 months trying to figure out how to financially justify a Model S and read everything I could find about Tesla. I had it so bad that I went through a period of time where I would configure my dream car on the Tesla site almost every evening - LOL! I was going to order a new one, but in September I found a great price on a gently used Tesla S85 with only 8300 miles on it that I just couldn't pass up. I have absolutely no regrets other than being stuck in the Texas Supercharger island... It is certainly one of the most satisfying purchases I have ever made. The Model S is a phenomenal car to drive.

Blue, Grey Leather, Model S 85, VIN P11xxx, Tech package, Smart Air Suspension, Panoramic Roof, Premium Lighting, 19" Standard Wheels