Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Looks to be the Year of the East Coast Superchargers !! Finally !!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at the recently released Supercharger maps for 2015 it looks like the Superchargers on the east coast are going to explode !! Almost if not more than TRIPLING !!! If so amazing progress. Thoughts and comments ..... :cool: Pretty much east of the Mississippi will be totally covered :biggrin:

IMG_2569.JPG

March 2, 2013 Newark, DE

Ah yes, seems like only yesterday I was enjoying my first charge at the East Coast's only Supercharger. It is truly amazing the pace of change and the execution of the vision of this company. The China and Europe map is pretty amazing as well!

I'm so pleased with these developments. I was just about to write to Tesla and explain carefully that the East Coast of the U.S. is well populated even well away from the coast because it's not desert...and that super chargers far inland would not go to waste!

Looks like the # of planned Superchargers exploded overnight! Soooo happy to finally see a dot in South Jersey, this is a deal-maker for me - looks to be at the AC Expressway/GSP junction......

paging YoBigD!!!

Looks like the # of planned Superchargers exploded overnight! Soooo happy to finally see a dot in South Jersey, this is a deal-maker for me - looks to be at the AC Expressway/GSP junction......

paging YoBigD!!!

Yes, that's my favorite new one, as well. I will not miss the Wave Garage in Atlantic City.

Now if they can just build it before spring...

Yes, that's my favorite new one, as well. I will not miss the Wave Garage in Atlantic City.

Now if they can just build it before spring...

Sigh. Still no sign of this AC Supercharger, so it's back to the Wave Garage for me.

Saw a fellow Virginian with a P85D there yesterday.

21149fddeb3f575f516195a64d1ef4d5.jpg

Well, this was supposed to be a GREAT year for the east coast and those plans seem to have gone awry. The east coast and the SE were supposed to be filled out nicely this year and mostly crickets so far. A few opening yes and well needed but not anything near the numbers posted by TM at the beginning of the year. come on TM show us some LOVE !!! Nothing on I 20, I 40 or I 81 as the maps showed.

Well, this was supposed to be a GREAT year for the east coast and those plans seem to have gone awry. The east coast and the SE were supposed to be filled out nicely this year and mostly crickets so far. A few opening yes and well needed but not anything near the numbers posted by TM at the beginning of the year. come on TM show us some LOVE !!! Nothing on I 20, I 40 or I 81 as the maps showed.

The supercharger map on Tesla website also shows SC locations in Huntsville, AL (I-65) and Birmingham, AL (I-20/59) for 2015, but so far I can't find that any permit requests have been filed.

+1... or like a million. I cannot justify the cost of a MS until I can get up and down 81.

Seems like within the next year they will in fact light up I-81 but for it to be practical they also need superchargers along I-66 and I-64 to connect I-95 with I-85.

With the Charlottesville SC all we need now is a SC along I-66 so people in DC can use that for day trips around VA :)

Seems like within the next year they will in fact light up I-81 but for it to be practical they also need superchargers along I-66 and I-64 to connect I-95 with I-85.

With the Charlottesville SC all we need now is a SC along I-66 so people in DC can use that for day trips around VA :)

Those of us from the DC area can easily get to Hagerstown or Strasburg (once it opens that is).