Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XKCD - What If - SpaceX reference...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There should have been some analysis of from what height one would be able to jump into a pool of water. With 16% of earth's gravity, 30 meters on the moon should be like 5 meters on earth. And people jump from 30 meters on earth, so those people should be able to jump from 190 meters on the moon. Maybe even higher if you account for the lower terminal velocity!

Reminded me of an Isaac Asimov short story: For the Birds (short story) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The essence of the story is that in low gravity you're better off swimming like a dolphin than trying to fly like a bird. Plus it gave Isaac Asimov an excuse for a pun, which he loved.

Somebody should let Elon know about the idea. Maybe he'll respond with how awesome Martian swimming will be.

There should have been some analysis of from what height one would be able to jump into a pool of water. With 16% of earth's gravity, 30 meters on the moon should be like 5 meters on earth. And people jump from 30 meters on earth, so those people should be able to jump from 190 meters on the moon. Maybe even higher if you account for the lower terminal velocity!

Moon has no atmosphere therefore no terminal velocity. You will accelerate until you go splat.

Another What If mention recently, this deals with Elon, the Tesla and SpaceX all in one caption.

what if? Space Jetta

I've been reading "what if"'s for a while now, and I literally just realized that if you hover your mouse over an image, there's more text. Some of them are good. Like, there's an image of two cars in orbit above Earth that says "How did you get up here?" "Tesla Software Update. Elon Musk clicked on a SpaceX file by mistake.", but then if you hover your mouse over the image it says "He says they're rolling out a fix which will let us all reenter the atmosphere and land safely on his barge, but no one wants to be the first to try it."

I think I might be going to back to mouse-hover other "what if"'s now.

I've been reading "what if"'s for a while now, and I literally just realized that if you hover your mouse over an image, there's more text. Some of them are good. Like, there's an image of two cars in orbit above Earth that says "How did you get up here?" "Tesla Software Update. Elon Musk clicked on a SpaceX file by mistake.", but then if you hover your mouse over the image it says "He says they're rolling out a fix which will let us all reenter the atmosphere and land safely on his barge, but no one wants to be the first to try it."

I think I might be going to back to mouse-hover other "what if"'s now.
If you don't know about XKCD mouse-overs, you've been missing half the joke on every comic he's ever done...

Not an XKCD comic, but as it's a webcomic I thought it might as well go here.
pvp20160226.jpg

http://pvponline.com/comic/2016/02/26/game-on1