Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Firmware, 3.5.7.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jsa

Aug 7, 2008
A new firmware revision was released Saturday, the release is 3.5.7.11. It was installed on my 1.5 roadster. Notable changes included a speed display on one of the VDS screens. I've included screenshots here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tesla26/sets/72157624044442054/

Quick gratification screenshot here:

4600064783_7c81429171.jpg

I've also learned that this firmware update has an interesting feature:

If you press on the green battery indicator on the main screen while driving, you can alternate between "Max Range," "Performance" and standard mode (with no label). I've confirmed this change takes effect immediately.

Kind of cool...If you're at the stop light and the guy next to you wants to challenge your acceleration, hit performance mode... If you're running low on charge, you can (without pulling over) change to max range.

...If you're at the stop light and the guy next to you wants to challenge your acceleration, hit performance mode... If you're running low on charge, you can (without pulling over) change to max range.

You didn't say what year you have so I'm guessing a 2008.

If you are at the stoplight and you are in Range mode and the Porsche next to you wants to race you pull up on your emergency handle, press the wrench icon, press the charge button. then press the standard or performance buttons. Then click your way out to the Tesla car screen again and drop the emergency brake back down. It's really a lot of work. It's the same if you decide to drive in range to eek about a bit more by having the car "keep you honest".

Now hear's the sneaky bit. You can do this while driving by only clicking up the E brake one click. Still not easy but beats pulling over.

Hope the firmware works on 2008s!

You didn't say what year you have so I'm guessing a 2008.

That is correct, the firmware does work on 2008s with the 1.5 powertrain.

I have a Signature 100 (a fairly early one) as well, so if it was going to be weird on anyone's car, it would be mine... Though I've tested it, and it works fine.

If you are at the stoplight and you are in Range mode and the Porsche next to you wants to race you pull up on your emergency handle, press the wrench icon, press the charge button. then press the standard or performance buttons. Then click your way out to the Tesla car screen again and drop the emergency brake back down. It's really a lot of work. It's the same if you decide to drive in range to eek about a bit more by having the car "keep you honest".

Now hear's the sneaky bit. You can do this while driving by only clicking up the E brake one click. Still not easy but beats pulling over.

With the new firmware, just tap on the center of the screen (as shown above in the OP) to toggle among the modes. There's a note about this in the latest release notes for both 2008 and 2010 models.

Last edited:
I don't know if it has something to do with that I have an EU Roadster but I could alway change the modes while driving...

just hit the wrench and change the charge mode ...

and getting into performance mode while driving was even easier: just turn the key all the way to the front and the tesla switches to performance mode. same thing to go back to standart.