Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

J1mbo

Aug 20, 2013
UK
Some pics from the UK, non-autopilot car (not my own).

* Parking guidelines
* Battery % meter

EDIT: Thanks to chris.c for the original screenshots!

Attachments

• FB_20150108_11_50_27_Saved_Picture.jpg
    FB_20150108_11_50_27_Saved_Picture.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 14,530
  • FB_20150108_11_54_25_Saved_Picture.jpg
    FB_20150108_11_54_25_Saved_Picture.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 14,050
Last edited:
How about more important updates, like:
- GPS based speed limit warnings
- Rdio playlists/whole albums
- screen backlight adjusting with daylight sensor (same as headlights)
- Energy app which adjusts for navi route and topography/weather
- GPS based suspention shouldn`t autosave. You should get a big button that states "save this location" when you press high or very high instead of a tiny tiny X to erase.....(who at Tesla thought this was good enough???)
- Preheat including seat heater, rear view mirrors and the heated rear window
- Front parking sensors activated when backing up, like every other car with front parking sensors

Last edited:
Yes, this would be a big improvement. If the car is so equipped, the front wiper heaters and the heated steering wheel should come on by default as well.
Yep. Heated steeringwheel and wipers as well for those who have that :)
Easiest thing in the world to fix, and one should be able to assume that people who preheat would like everything heated and free of ice/dew. It`s not like people who preheat would like cold seats (it takes some before seats adjust to the air temperature) and ice on their mirrors :) Or maybe in the US?

Which makes me wonder - who is running the sw department at Tesla Motors :)
Was hoping to ask some questions to Jerome Guillen yesterday as I was invited to a Q&A meeting with him, but unfortunately I was un-invited by the guy who invited me as he had messed things up with the guest-list....

I don't think these are meant for the public (yet). You might get your friend into trouble by posting these.
How? There's nothing identifiable in those pictures. Is the secret Tesla block ops team going to kidnap and torture Doug to get him to reveal J1mbo's secret identity? The repeat with J1mbo?
Or maybe they'll comb through every UK Google streetview image looking for a match with the backup camera.

Mod note: updated the thread title to reflect that this is most likely (99.9% certain) leaked shots of the beta test version.

Before we get too excited let's remember that Tesla (rightly) tests all sorts of things that may, or may not, make it to the final firmware release.

Lol, these pics were posted on Facebook by a guy who got the update this morning. AFAIK this is not a beta (he wouldn't have posted publicly if it was), however it is not impossible to imagine that it was pushed to him by mistake.

Attachments

• FB_20150108_14_06_17_Saved_Picture.jpg
    FB_20150108_14_06_17_Saved_Picture.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 4,282
How about more important updates, like:
- GPS based speed limit warnings
- Rdio playlists/whole albums
- screen backlight adjusting with daylight sensor (same as headlights)
- Energy app which adjusts for navi route and topography/weather
- GPS based suspention shouldn`t autosave. You should get a big button that states "save this location" when you press high or very high instead of a tiny tiny X to erase.....(who at Tesla thought this was good enough???)
- Preheat including seat heater, rear view mirrors and the heated rear window
- Front parking sensors activated when backing up, like every other car with front parking sensors

I've seen the full release notes (there are 10 photos - it's a huge set of features). Energy app improvements and range aware satnav, and all 4 parking zones being active while parking) are both included.

I will ask for consent to cross-post, and for the version number.

It was definitely an OTA download.

I'm very interested in the media app improvements. Will we finally get shuffle?

Yes shuffle and repeat are there.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly if this is a real release and all the listed features are coming then it's a huge step forward. Other than key-based profiles I reckon this knocks off all the top most requested features that owners have been asking for. This could well be the stuff that was targetted for 6.0 (hence Elon's statements about how huge it would be) but which did not make it.

And as a non-autopilot owner it's great to see them still implementing features that apply to everyone rather than just rolling out stuff that I won't be able to use.