Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Inyokern, CA (4 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Inyokern found!

Between the Inyokern Market & the Inyokern post office.
1353 Brown Rd.
Inyokern, CA 93527

These pictures were taken during construction on 01-07-2015

IYK 1.jpg

IYK 2.JPG

Last edited:
Update 01/09/2015

larger conduit in the ground, rebar cages on-site.
I had lunch at Bernadino's in Inyokern, well within walking distance
from the SC. Food was great, I heard their weekend breakfast buffet with
home made tortillas is excellent.

IYK2.JPG
IYK3.JPG

At the Q&A at the 2012 Supercharger event attendees asked for stations along 395 to get to Mammoth, just like those for Tahoe. Inyokern and Lone Pine may be just enough to do it, and it's nice to see Bishop on the future SpC map too. Thanks to TM to follow through on that request.

Then I can justify getting chains for 21" wheels. Do I let my S get that dirty? hmmm

Great location, as it's close to the junction of the 395 and the 14, and thus helpful to drivers coming from all over SoCal.

Then I can justify getting chains for 21" wheels. Do I let my S get that dirty? hmmm
Living in the mountains, our LEAF maintains a good coat of road grime all winter. This, along with the fact that we park outdoors, is one of the reasons we will be inclined to buy used when we eventually buy a Tesla. Nonetheless, I would not let a bit of dirt get in the way of putting a vehicle to good use!

Update 01/09/2015

larger conduit in the ground, rebar cages on-site.
I had lunch at Bernadino's in Inyokern, well within walking distance
from the SC. Food was great, I heard their weekend breakfast buffet with
home made tortillas is excellent.

So far based on the pictures...I only see conduit for two superchargers, so this location will have four spots.

Thanks for the pictures! Always helps make it real for us.

Yes, that is a layout of conduits for 2 Supercharger Cabinets feeding 4 Charging Pedestals.

Those rebar cylinders look like they are for much more serious structures than I have ever seen at a Supercharger Site. They are at a scale to support a highway overpass.

This is another amazing find. Thank you! How did you find it? Honestly, I am a little jealous that I didn't find it first. :p I have been scouring the internet for Tesla permits throughout Kern, Inyo, Mono and the local municipalities, without success. I guess I've been searching the wrong sites. :frown:

I distanced the route using Inyokern. It adds about only 5 miles onto my journey to Mammoth.

Those rebar cylinders look like they are for much more serious structures than I have ever seen at a Supercharger Site. They are at a scale to support a highway overpass.

The rebar cylinder cages are for concrete piers, probably designed by structural or civil engineer's based on soils report, and wind load diagrams/data.
Their heft is not so much for the weight, but for the structural stability trying to keep the solar panel canopy in place from strong winds and wind uplift forces.
Even a (correctly built) flag pole or light tower has a similar type pier base installed below.

Great find by fstech.

This is another amazing find. Thank you! How did you find it? Honestly, I am a little jealous that I didn't find it first. :p I have been scouring the internet for Tesla permits throughout Kern, Inyo, Mono and the local municipalities, without success. I guess I've been searching the wrong sites. :frown:

I distanced the route using Inyokern. It adds about only 5 miles onto my journey to Mammoth.

Hey 4SUPER9 your hopes for Inyokern came true. :smile: I was just lucky to find the site, I went to Inyokern and locals pointed me to a rumored area that some type of EV charger was going. I found the construction site with form boards and conduit setup similar to other Supercharger projects. I never imagined I would stumble across the actual site during construction. :eek:

Last edited: