Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group Buy : Frunk and/or Trunk Mat From Taobao

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lx3h

Charged.hk's Director of Education
I found this shop on Taobao which has sold quite a number of frunk and trunk mat.

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a220m.1000858.1000725.6.t216Dg&id=41473076265

PHOTOS
Photos of the products are available on the page. I challenged the guy for the lack of photos of their products on actual Model S, but the comments on their products seem decent enough. There are 3 colours (brown, black and beige) and two seam edges (flat and raised), prices are different.

DISCOUNT
Just wondering how many of you are interested in buying as a group as I have struck a deal with the seller, "购买满560元店铺优惠22元 送毛巾 防滑垫 ", translating it to English it says "RMB22 discount for every RMB560 of purchase, car care towels and non-slip pads as gifts" (see attached photo).

WARRANTY
3 years by the seller

RETURN POLICY
15 days (but you have to do it yourself)

POSTAGE RATES
Frunk and Trunk mat combo plus packaging weights 2.5kg. It will be free postage to Shenzhen address, but forwarding from Shenzhen to Hong Kong and my collecting from convenient store by 4PX递四方速递 will cost RMB15.5 for the first kg, RMB3.0/500g thereafter (7-11), or by S.F. Express 順豐速運 will cost RMB19.0 for first kg, RMB4.0/500g therefore (Circle K).

If one set of combo is 2.5kg, flat edge version will come at a cost of RMB236+RMB15.5+RMB9.0 = RMB250.5 (4PX) is expected (discount not yet included). Raised edge will cost RMB295+RMB15.5+RMB9.0 = RMB319.5

PURCHASE
If you are interested, I will first give the total number of purchase to the seller and ask him to calculate the total cost and weight for me, then I will post my bank account number here for you to deposit the sum.

COLLECTING YOUR PURCHASE
Need to arrange a meet up date, time and venue for collecting. Preferably Hopewell because we get 2 hours free parking and supercharging anyway, but DITB is organising a gathering end of this month, so maybe that day will be a good day to give out these, unless you need them desperately.

DEADLINE OF GROUP BUY
Let's just say, give ourselves a week from now, 14th Jan, but may extend or cut short if it is popular enough.

INTERESTED BUYERS

CCT: trunk -- black, raised edge
Sammy: trunk -- black, raised edge

Sunny: frunk -- black, raised edge
Duidui: frunk -- black, raised edge

Derek: frunk & trunk -- brown, raised edge
Justin: frunk & trunk -- brown, raised edge

Alexcsy123: frunk & trunk -- black, raised edge
Suresh: frunk & trunk -- black, raised edge
Tony: frunk & trunk -- black, raised edge
jkhfung: frunk & trunk -- black, raised edge
DITB: frunk & trunk -- black, raised edge X 2
Sarah: frunk & trunk -- black, raised edge

Locky: frunk & trunk -- black, flat edge
Eddy: frunk & trunk -- black, flat edge
FiFi: frunk & trunk -- black, flat edge
Richard: frunk & trunk -- black, flat edge
Mark: frunk & trunk -- black, flat edge
AppleFan: frunk & trunk -- black, flat edge

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 846
Last edited:
Sorry I can not read chinese.
Is this non slip?
will the stuff I put in slide around?

I found this shop on Taobao which has sold quite a number of frunk and trunk mat.

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a220m.1000858.1000725.6.t216Dg&id=41473076265

PHOTOS
Photos of the products are available on the page. I challenged the guy for the lack of photos of their products on actual Model S, but the comments on their products seem decent enough. There are 3 colours (brown, black and beige) and two seam edges (flat and raised), prices are different.

DISCOUNT
Just wondering how many of you are interested in buying as a group as I have struck a deal with the seller, "购买满560元店铺优惠22元 送毛巾 防滑垫 ", translating it to English it says "RMB22 discount for every RMB560 of purchase, car care towels and non-slip pads as gifts".

WARRANTY
3 years by the seller

RETURN POLICY

POSTAGE RATES
Frunk and Trunk mat combo plus packaging weights 2.5kg. It will be free postage to Shenzhen address, but forwarding from Shenzhen to Hong Kong and my collecting from convenient store by 4PX递四方速递 will cost RMB15.5 for the first kg, RMB3.0/500g thereafter (7-11), or by S.F. Express 順豐速運 will cost RMB19.0 for first kg, RMB4.0/500g therefore (Circle K).

If one set of combo is 2.5kg, at least a cost of RMB236+RMB15.5+RMB9.0 = RMB250.5 (4PX) is expected (discount not yet included).

PURCHASE
If you are interested, I will first give the total number of purchase to the seller and ask him to calculate the total cost and weight for me, then I will post my bank account number here for you to deposit the sum.

COLLECTING YOUR PURCHASE
Need to arrange a meet up date, time and venue for collecting. Preferably Hopewell because we get 2 hours free parking and supercharging anyway, but DITB is organising a gathering end of this month, so maybe that day will be a good day to give out these, unless you need them desperately.

DEADLINE OF GROUP BUY
Let's just say, give ourselves a week from now, 14th Jan, but may extend if requested.

INTERESTED BUYERS
Alex: frunk & trunk -- black
Eddy: frunk & trunk -- black
Suresh: frunk & trunk -- black
Mark: frunk & trunk -- black

I don't have my Tesla yet but I have one question. Is the size of frunk the same for all models? I remember watching a video by Bjørn showing the differences in size of new and earlier cars. And I understand that the D cars have shallower frunk, but is the floor area same as non-D cars?

I don't have my Tesla yet but I have one question. Is the size of frunk the same for all models? I remember watching a video by Bjørn showing the differences in size of new and earlier cars. And I understand that the D cars have shallower frunk, but is the floor area same as non-D cars?

Good point. The D frunk is definitely a different size. I also remember Bjørn showing a few CM difference in the frunk between the latest auto-pilot cars and older ones.

frunk.jpg
trunk.jpg

Group Buy : Frunk and/or Trunk Mat From Taobao

ÌØ˹À*MODEL Sºó±¸Ïäµæ ÌØ˹À*Ç°±¸Ïäµæ ÌØ˹À*βµæTeslaÆû³µ¸Ä×°-tmall.comÌìè

PHOTOS

DISCOUNT
Just wondering how many of you are interested in buying as a group as I have struck a deal with the seller, "购买满560元店铺优惠22元 送毛巾 防滑垫 ", translating it to English it says "RMB22 discount for every RMB560 of purchase, car care towels and non-slip pads as gifts" (see attached photo).

WARRANTY
3 years by the seller

RETURN POLICY

POSTAGE RATES

If one set of combo is 2.5kg, flat edge version will come at a cost of RMB236+RMB15.5+RMB9.0 = RMB250.5 (4PX) is expected (discount not yet included). Raised edge will cost RMB295+RMB15.5+RMB9.0 = RMB319.5

PURCHASE

COLLECTING YOUR PURCHASE

DEADLINE OF GROUP BUY
Let's just say, give ourselves a week from now, 14th Jan, but may extend or cut short if it is popular enough.

INTERESTED BUYERS

CCT: trunk -- black, raised edge
Sammy: trunk -- black, raised edge

Duidui: frunk -- black, raised edge
tklwong: frunk -- black, raised edge

Derek: frunk & trunk -- brown, raised edge
Justin: frunk & trunk -- brown, raised edge

Alexcsy123: frunk & trunk -- black, raised edge
Suresh: frunk & trunk -- black, raised edge
Tony: frunk & trunk -- black, raised edge
jkhfung: frunk & trunk -- black, raised edge
DITB: frunk & trunk -- black, raised edge X 2
Sarah: frunk & trunk -- black, raised edge

Eddy: frunk & trunk -- black, flat edge
Richard: frunk & trunk -- black, flat edge
Mark: frunk & trunk -- black, flat edge
AppleFan: frunk & trunk -- black, flat edge
AC DC Allan: frunk & trunk -- black, flat edge

Total orders: 21
Total sets of flat = 7
Total sets of raised = 11
Total a la carte raised = 1

Total cost of flat in sets = 7 x 236 = RMB 1652
Total cost of raised in sets = 11 x 295 = RMB 3245
Total cost of a la carte raised frunk mat = 1 x 148 = RMB 148
Total before discount = RMB 5045
Total discount = RMB 210
Total after discount = 5045-210 = RMB 4835

Estimated weight = 2.5kg x (7+11+1) = 47.5kg
Estimate postage cost by 4PX = can't do 4PX because I don't think I can carry 47.5kg by myself. SF Express has a Circle K pick up near my home.
Estimate postage cost by SF Express = RMB 19 (1st kg) + 93 x RMB 4 = RMB 391

Estimated total = RMB 4835 + RMB 391 = RMB 5226
Estimated total paid by credit card = RMB 5226 + 3% = RMB 5382.78
Estimated total paid by credit card in HKD = RMB 5382.78 x $1.25 = HK$ 6728.5

Estimated cost per flat set =236 /(7x236+11x295+148) x HKD 6728.5 = HK$314.8
Estimated cost per raised set = 295 /(7x236+11x295+148) x HKD 6728.5 = HK$393.4
Estimated cost per raised frunk mat = 148 /(7x236+11x295+148) x HKD 6728.5 = HK$197.4
Estimated cost per raised trunk mat = HK$393.4 - HK$197.4 = HK$196

Last edited: