Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Noob Questions - can i hang up a phone call from steering wheel?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IN-CALL FUNCTIONS: While on a call, clicking the right-hand "Phone" button on the steering wheel brings up a menu of choices such as hang up, mute microphone, or put the call on hold. Select from the options with the right scroll wheel.

Please read:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/13153-Things-you-may-not-have-discovered-about-your-Model-S-%21

To add to the voice commands they are:

Listen To... (song, artist, album)
Navigate to... (location, address, city, item of interest... ie "food" "hobby shop")
Call... (Name of contact)

and just recently:

Bug Report... (then state the problem you are experiencing with the car. It will also take and submit screenshots of whatever is currently displayed. as well as sending other details about the current state of the car.)

There are alternate voice commands also:

Play... for music (same as Listen to)
Drive to... for navigation

Was trying to stay less complicated haha! But yes, those also work :D

I just know that I had talked to someone and it was either navigation or music that they couldn't figure out the command on their own and they obviously were saying the wrong keyword and getting no results and were upset with the feature. I feel it does a pretty great job understanding me (granted I have a pretty standard american accent... so no major dialect draws like from the south or NY/Boston type things.) the only issue is if you mumble... You do need to make sure to speak clearly to the car. She is like an old woman with hard hearing sometimes, but I still love her :D

also clicking the LEFT scroll wheel will mute the call. (i think. now watch me be wrong.)

Correct. It mutes your microphone while on a call. It will also mute whatever is playing on the stereo, or pause In the case of Slacker or other playback.

The navigate command is great in conjunction with Google info. Kids dying to stop at McDonald's during a road trip? Just say "navigate to McDonalds" and multiple locations show on the map. Touch one and you'll be directed. Also helpful for phoning a restaurant or business.

Can voice rec be used for navigation?

You most certainly CAN hang up on a call using the steering wheel commands. I believe you hit the button above the scroll wheel on the right side of the steering wheel twice to hang up. The first time you hit the button, the phone commands come up, with "end call" being the first option. Hit it the second time to "end call." I am 98% certain it is the button above the scroll wheel and not the scroll wheel itself.