Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla NAIAS Preview Event

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is holding an exclusive preview event at NAIAS next Tuesday, January 13. Email invitations were sent out this morning. How many people here received an invitation and are planning to attend?

My neighbor received the invite this morning. None of the three owners (and one reservation holder) in my family received an email.

Tesla is pleased to invite you to an exclusive customer reception to preview our stand ahead of the public opening of the NAIAS in Detroit.

Join Tesla executives and other Tesla enthusiasts to see P85D, Model S and our latest show exhibits. Light refreshments and drinks will be served.

Given this email I'm not expecting to see or hear anything about Model X, but I'm going anyway because you never know what may happen.

Given this email I'm not expecting to see or hear anything about Model X, but I'm going anyway because you never know what may happen.

Now I'm confused. I'm more interested in tesla scheduling a media event than a casual customer party. I'm assuming/expecting both. I think Tesla would only reveal beta MX or model 3 at an actual media event.

Now I'm confused. I'm more interested in tesla scheduling a media event than a casual customer party. I'm assuming/expecting both. I think Tesla would only reveal beta MX or model 3 at an actual media event.

I'm certainly not expecting anything like the launch parties Tesla has held in California. This event comes immediately following the end of the press days, giving customers the first chance to see whatever Tesla showed the press. This may be nothing more than their typical gallery-like setup with the P85D. However, since there will be executives in attendance, it's possible that some new tidbits of information or other sort of exclusive preview could be presented. Who knows, maybe Elon will be there as well.

I'm certainly not expecting anything like the launch parties Tesla has held in California. This event comes immediately following the end of the press days, giving customers the first chance to see whatever Tesla showed the press. This may be nothing more than their typical gallery-like setup with the P85D. However, since there will be executives in attendance, it's possible that some new tidbits of information or other sort of exclusive preview could be presented. Who knows, maybe Elon will be there as well.

Thx. So does anyone know if there's a press event for tesla?
Yes, the launch parties are excellent. Especially the D event

It's too bad Tesla doesn't do a little owners' lounge during the show itself, like BMW does. I'll tell you, now that I no longer have a BMW, that short respite is the thing I am going to miss the most about going to the show.

My wife and I are taking out Model S up to the show next saturday, but if we could swing an invite to this event, of course we would re-arrange our trip plans. Either way, I am looking forward to whatever they have to show.

Agreed. That text doesn't sound like a major event such as an X beta reveal. Sounds routine.

It's not routine for public to be present at the NAIAS on a press day, right?

Why would Tesla Motors invite people to be there on a press day?

There must be some clarification for that.

Will there be some kind of a (very) nice announcement to be made by Elon Musk himself?

Then it would be nice if there would be an audience who would be cheering and clapping after the announcement (because the media will be reporting the event via the internet).

Any thoughts?

It appears that Michigan owners are the people being invited. This decision of who to invite by TM certainly can be because of those owner's proximity to the show but could also be to have some 'voters' there to discuss the way Michigan, and vis-a-vis, other states are passing legislation preventing their direct sales model.

It's not routine for public to be present at the NAIAS on a press day, right?

Why would Tesla Motors invite people to be there on a press day?

There must be some clarification for that.

Will there be some kind of a (very) nice announcement to be made by Elon Musk himself?

Then it would be nice if there would be an audience who would be cheering and clapping after the announcement (because the media will be reporting the event via the internet).

Any thoughts?

Just to clarify, the event takes place in the evening after the press events have ended for the day.