Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update Graphic with T-Sportline Wheels / Spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just installed new t-Sportline wheels and love them. I moved over my center caps and they look great.

One thing that bothers me though is the graphic in my charging screens show the stock 19" wheels. I'd like them to show at least the 19" cyclone wheels. Plus I've installed a spoiler as well that doesn't display.

Is there anywhere I can make these modifications myself or ask Tesla to do this during my next service visit? Is this possible?

Screen-Shot-2014-07-03-at-11.29.211-580x391.png

Turns out my email was forwarded back to Van Nuys Service Center, they called today while I was having fun driving thru some canyons & told me the change can be done but I would have to bring in into the SC for at least an hour???

Last summer Van Nuys tells me it can't be changed.
Yesterday I see others getting a simple OTA update to make the change.
Today I am told I need to take it into Van Nuys SC.

UGH!!!

Turns out my email was forwarded back to Van Nuys Service Center, they called today while I was having fun driving thru some canyons & told me the change can be done but I would have to bring in into the SC for at least an hour???

Last summer Van Nuys tells me it can't be changed.
Yesterday I see others getting a simple OTA update to make the change.
Today I am told I need to take it into Van Nuys SC.

UGH!!!

Communication at its finest.

Dont you just hate that?! I would be furious!
While I get Tesla isn't required to make the change becuese we switched wheels, last summer here on TMC I read SC's gladly doing it for many owners, so when I went in I politely asked, I was surprised when told "it can't be changed, absolutely no way, its impossable" even though they could!

For the last 10 months every time I look at the app or screen I am reminded of the ugly stock wheels I used to have & not the grey Sportlines that I love, so I am a little pissed. Yesterday on the phone they were telling me they want to do a security check or something & I need to bring the car in, I kept saying we aren't making any physical changes this is just a graphical change that can be sent OTA...then call dropped before I was able to scheduled an appointment that was likely to take a few hours sitting at the SC, I waited this long I guess I will wait until I need more things done & just add it to the list.

I got a reply back in less than 3 hours:

Thank you for contacting Tesla Motors Technical Support. Please allow 3-5 business days for the changes to take effect.

fyi I forgot to post back here but the update happened in less than 24 hours after I got the email. yey so now my car & my phone both show 19" gray turbines (well technically if you look closer its gray cyclones, but close enough).

IMG_6898.png

Last edited:
3 weeks ago I emailed [email protected]. I got a response back the next morning. 3 weeks later I was still waiting. I PMed yobigd20 and got the email of who resposded to him. It was a different person than who responded to me. I emailed that person and got a response within 14 MINUTES yesterday evening and checked the car this morning. Voila! PM me if you want to contact the right person that can make this happen.
IMG_4045.JPG