Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thermal photos of heated seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

David99

Supporting Member
Jan 31, 2014
Nomad (mostly US)
Inspired by Islandbaby's video, I got myself one of these thermal camera add-ons for my phone. I have a blast using it everywhere around the house and the car. I just tested out the heated seats and it's really interesting how the wires are in the seats.
img_thermal33317435.jpg

There are some really expensive ones and there there are two companies that offer add on cameras for phones. I got the one from Seek. It plugs in on the Galaxy or iPhone. Works great and is reasonable in price ($215). The other one is Flir which is a case for the iPhone 5 only. I found the seek to be more versatile. I think the Flir one has a lightly better frame rate, but that really didn't mater to me.

There are some really expensive ones and there there are two companies that offer add on cameras for phones. I got the one from Seek. It plugs in on the Galaxy or iPhone. Works great and is reasonable in price ($215). The other one is Flir which is a case for the iPhone 5 only. I found the seek to be more versatile. I think the Flir one has a lightly better frame rate, but that really didn't mater to me.
I haven't used either one but I understand that the FLIR camera takes visual and IR pictures and overlays them to make it easier to see what you're looking at. That sounds useful, so I think I'll wait until there's a FLIR camera for the iPhone 6 plus.

What did you find more versatile about the Seek camera?

What did you find more versatile about the Seek camera?
Well, I have a Galaxy S4, for the Seek is a lot more versatile for me than the iPhone 5-only FLIR One. :smile:

Will have to try this with my aftermarket rear seat heaters. Also to side tracking a little, do you find that your seek thermal images generally have a cool corner to its images?
I haven't noticed it, but I just got the camera a few days ago...