Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D vs. ..... can of Mountain Dew (PSA)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wk057

Former Tesla Tinkerer
Feb 23, 2014
X
Mental note... open drinks are not safe in the P85D.

In the P85, making sure the mouth of the can was facing forward was enough to prevent catastrophe during acceleration.... not so in the P85D.

You've won this time, Mountain Dew...

2015-01-05 12.41.53.jpg

Last edited:
LOL, all the way to the back seats! That's impressive! I turn my opening to the front also, but I haven't tried a launch with a soda in the car yet (I guess I won't now for sure).

Honestly, the only rule I really have for consumables in my cars: No smoking.

Food, soda, whatever... not so concerned. I have no reason to worry about keeping the interior immaculate over the life of the car. It is my car after all, and I don't really plan on selling or trading it (said this about the P85 too, though...) and if I do, and there is some food/drink related issue with a seat it isn't going to hurt my wallet enough to justify the years of self-policing. Obviously any incidents will be promptly taken care of, also. (I keep paper towels, Windex, leather cleaner, and armorall cleaning wipes in the frunk)

That said, I now have some bottles of Mountain Dew instead of cans... and some Hank's Root Beer. :)