Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The last Arizona Supercharger planned for 2015 appears slated for Heber if you overlay the Tesla Supercharger Map with a map of Arizona. Yeah . . . Herber! It’s a great little town, complete with a 4th of July parade, beautiful scenery & family-oriented people, BUT it’s also just 45 miles from the nearest Supercharger in Holbrook. I REALLY hope that the person who put the dot on the map got it wrong.

My vote would be for Payson. Payson is half way between Metro Phoenix and the Holbrook Supercharger and would be 123 miles from the Superchargers in Casa Grande or the one in Buckeye. In light of the elevation change between Payson and the other Arizona Superchargers, the trip would be doable in a 60kWh car.

h1.jpeg
img_8433-2630018470-o_1720.jpg

Last edited:
Payson Better Than Heber-Overgaard, But Globe is a Better Choice

I think Payson is a more reasonable location than Heber-Overgaard. But Globe would be a better choice than either of those two.

The White Mountains region can be accessed though Globe and the trip is only a few miles longer for people commuting from North Phoenix. For the rest of Phoenix, Tucson and Southern AZ, the distance is shorter through Globe. Globe also makes it easier for people traveling from I8 or I10 (via Casa Grande) to reach Lordsburg, NM when a supercharger is installed there. I've posted a more detailed rational previously at Arizona Superchargers -(Globe, AZ Supercharger Needed).

For FYI, Globe is on the 2016 Supercharger map. Nothing for Payson or Heber...

I think Payson is a more reasonable location than Heber-Overgaard. But Globe would be a better choice than either of those two.

The White Mountains region can be accessed though Globe and the trip is only a few miles longer for people commuting from North Phoenix. For the rest of Phoenix, Tucson and Southern AZ, the distance is shorter through Globe. Globe also makes it easier for people traveling from I8 or I10 (via Casa Grande) to reach Lordsburg, NM when a supercharger is installed there. I've posted a more detailed rational previously at Arizona Superchargers -(Globe, AZ Supercharger Needed).

I think both Globe and Payson make sense. Heading up to the White Mountains vis Globe makes sense for Tucson, but makes for a longer trip for most of the Phoenix area (all except the East Valley -- Tempe/Mesa/Chandler/Gilbert).

When I was a kid, my family had a ranch in the White Mountains -- near Alpine. We almost always drove through Payson to Show Low. I remember going through Globe only twice...