Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After closing door, window doesn't appear to seal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been noticing after I close the driver door the window doesn't seem to seal and I need to roll it down then back up. Symptoms are sqeaking from the window seal as I drive on some rough roads. Anyone else have this problem? Any resolution?

My passenger side window seems to do that sometimes. Close the door, open the window all the way and close it a few times. Cycling this will get it to relearn its position.
I've also found mine sometimes forgets that it's down. Usually the process Chris notes works, but once it was raining and water was pouring in and I couldn't get it to go all the way up no matter what I did. It's like it thought the door-open height was actually the fully closed height, and every time I opened the door the maximum height of the window decreased a little bit. Really bad news. Steering wheel reboot did nothing.

I found a garage in which to seek shelter and called Tesla. They advised some alternative reset process: my memory is a bit hazy, but I believe I had to manually power down the vehicle using the center console's emergency power down button, quickly exit the vehicle and close the door, walk out of proximity key range for at least 45 seconds, and then return to the car and open the door. That worked.

I was told to reset the window button. hold it up for ~10 seconds and it should recalibrate.

happened to me where a rear window would drop the 1/2 inch to open and never return up so it would just progressively go down as you opened and closed the door.
of course it was raining when I realized my window was down!

Interesting, I had an afternoon a few weeks ago where that also seemed to happen. The drivers window also would no longer automatically go full-up or full-down by using the full-detent position on the switch.

Only happened for one session, now seems to be fine.