Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotted at Hawthorne yesterday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

KOL2000

Supporting Member
Apr 30, 2013
San Diego
My friend sent me these....

Attachments

• IMG_0149.JPG
    IMG_0149.JPG
    614.4 KB · Views: 3,763
  • IMG_0152.JPG
    IMG_0152.JPG
    304.3 KB · Views: 3,623
I'm trying to spot differences, but this does appear to be the same old prototype. The talk out of Tesla has always been that the current design has considerable changes since then.

Also, I would expect any newly produced model to be shipping from Fremont, not Hawthorne.

Ridiculous optimism would be to suggest that they're removing it because they're going to replace it with a beta.
Or maybe they're going to show a before and after, to show how Tesla believes that the product shouldmbe better than the concept.

Last edited:
Did they even show an X last year at the NAIAS?? I don't think so, IIRC it was just 3 MS. So, either this is a beta, or they are going to drag out a 2+ year old prototype, which would not be a wise move. I vote that this is a beta, or else it is not going to the NAIAS. Sadly, after magnifying every aspect of these photos, I cannot see any significant differences from the white prototype.

Last edited:
My friend sent me these....

KOL2000 - can you ask your friend the order of the pictures. The way you have it suggests that the Model X is being loaded for transport. However, if the pictures were flipped in time (i.e. the Model X arrived loaded and was then taken out of the trailer), it would indicate it was being unloaded. Any clarification on this point would be helpful. The 2013 prototype being unloaded at Hawthorne for a reveal event at Hawthorne (for comparison to a new beta) would make much more sense than a 2013 prototype being transported to Detroit. Of course, all speculation but fun nevertheless.

KOL2000 - can you ask your friend the order of the pictures. The way you have it suggests that the Model X is being loaded for transport. However, if the pictures were flipped in time (i.e. the Model X arrived loaded and was then taken out of the trailer), it would indicate it was being unloaded. Any clarification on this point would be helpful. The 2013 prototype being unloaded at Hawthorne for a reveal event at Hawthorne (for comparison to a new beta) would make much more sense than a 2013 prototype being transported to Detroit. Of course, all speculation but fun nevertheless.

Outside shot sequence # is 149; inside is 152. Car is being loaded into the trailer. :)

EXIF information appears to be intact, and confirms they were exposed in the sequence shown - the loading shot at 2:29:44 PM on January 3rd and the in the trailer shot at 2:31:17 PM (camera is an iPhone 5s per EXIF.)
Walter