Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Roadster deal ever?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey... That's the roadster I just bought! I'd like to think it was the best deal ever :) I was just outside installing OVMS and the iOttie phone holder.

The battery is in great shape (I think). I charge to 187 ideal in standard. The CAC is at 150.25 using VMSParser. The owner sold it with the HPWC and 110 & 220 chargers. He also threw in another cable that he didn't know what it was -- turned out to be a never used Tesla J1772 adapter. Too bad it's not Henry's CAN Jr. Tesla's adapter is equal parts weapon and adapter.

It arrived mid December and since then, I think it's snowed more in Colorado in December than the previous 4 years combined. I cannot wait for the roads to be nice & dry. I'm pretty sick of seeing the Frost Warning Indicator on.

I think PokerBroker might have me beat for deals, though. $56K with warranty is fantastic. I would have paid the extra $1600 and taken 5000 more miles for the warranty.

Hey... That's the roadster I just bought! I'd like to think it was the best deal ever :)

Congrats!

You should have bought it!

Probably, but didn't see it until it was sold, plus it would have been bid higher of course. Besides, my DIY imperative requires me to find one for less money with just enough damage and/or bad pack that I can fix myself. (Probably spending more in the long run too.) It's a curse :biggrin:

Probably, but didn't see it until it was sold, plus it would have been bid higher of course. Besides, my DIY imperative requires me to find one for less money with just enough damage and/or bad pack that I can fix myself. (Probably spending more in the long run too.) It's a curse :biggrin:

I know about that curse, friend!

Congratulations to the several new Roadster owners chiming in here. A question:

is there a consensus on whether the new battery announcement has reduced the desirability differential amongst 1.5s, 2.0s and 2.5s? And thus, of course, in the likely price differentials?

Congratulations to the several new Roadster owners chiming in here. A question:

is there a consensus on whether the new battery announcement has reduced the desirability differential amongst 1.5s, 2.0s and 2.5s? And thus, of course, in the likely price differentials?

I always assumed the announcement (back in the summer of 2014) was just going to jack up or at least prop up the prices of used Roadsters. But since I had more time to think about it -- I think we won't know until pricing is announced. If the Roadster 3.0 upgrade is reasonably priced, it will certainly jack up the price of used Roadsters. If, however, it is perceived as too expensive/not worth it, the opposite could be true. There is/was a Roadster on Ebay with <3,000 miles going for a buy-it-now price of $63k. If I didn't already have one, I'd have checked out the CAC and gone to get it.

There are 7 other people with Roadsters where I live (defined as by serviced at the same SC), so I e-mailed most of them to find out who was most anxious to upgrade. I don't want to be first. One said definitely, one said probably, and one said, "I can't see coughing up however much money to take my Roadster from 100% more miles than I need to 300% more miles than I need." I'm pretty sure he's a member here, so I'll let him take credit for that if he wants.

And I do think the price of the upgrade will have a huge impact. For two CRAZY examples.

If the upgrade is priced at $5,000 then MANY will want a Roadster and have a nice 400 mile EV. But if priced at $75K then most will pass on a very high priced upgrade that would more than double the cost of the car.