Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot features in new S85 - not working ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings:

I just took delivery of a new S85 with Tech and Autopilot package. The software is supposed to roll out over the new few month (if not years) but at this time the software features already two options: lane assist and cruise control features.

However I am still not able to activate these two features. the "on" slider does not seem to work. While it shows as "on" it does not work. I called Tesla local delivery, they do not know what I am talking about. same with the 877 Tesla hotline. Even the electronic manual does not cover this!

Does anybody who took recent delivery of a car with "autopilot features" share this experience? How to make "it work"?

Thanks!

If a reboot doesn't work (first press and hold the two dials on the steering wheel to reboot the 17" display, and the the two top buttons to reboot the instrument cluster) contact Tesla.

Greetings:

I just took delivery of a new S85 with Tech and Autopilot package. The software is supposed to roll out over the new few month (if not years) but at this time the software features already two options: lane assist and cruise control features.

However I am still not able to activate these two features. the "on" slider does not seem to work. While it shows as "on" it does not work. I called Tesla local delivery, they do not know what I am talking about. same with the 877 Tesla hotline. Even the electronic manual does not cover this!

Does anybody who took recent delivery of a car with "autopilot features" share this experience? How to make "it work"?

Thanks!

How do you know it's not working? Many people have been confused by the subtlety of the lane departure warning. It doesn't sound much different than crossing over rumble strips or the little reflectors on the road when changing lanes.

Adaptive cruise control features have not been enabled for anyone yet. The only other feature active now is speed limit notification which just briefly shows up on your dash when it detects a change, and a little gray line on the speedometer indicating the posted speed limit.

Go above 35 mph and slightly go to over the center line. The car will make a buzz sound as well as very lightly shake the steering wheel. For the speed warning just find for a speed limit sign and exceed it by the setting over you have configured. In my case anything over 6mph shows the speed limit sign in the middle of my dash. Also you can read info on it by clicking on the "I" logo on the configuration screen.

IMAG1975_zps2lsztuxg.jpg

However I am still not able to activate these two features. the "on" slider does not seem to work. While it shows as "on" it does not work.

Please define "does not work". What did you do? What do you expect to happen?

Right now if you drive faster than the speed limit and pass a speed limit sign an image of the sign will show up in the middle of the speedo. If you are going faster than 30 MPH on a multi lane road and drift too close to the lane marker you'll hear a sound like you're on a rumble strip repeated 3 times. You MAY also feel something. It's subtle. I hear the sound, but don't feel much of anything.

And that is Autopilot as it exists today. Autopilot is a crappy name for the features, IMHO, in that people will always be expecting more than the car can deliver.

Thanks. This is what I did. And your setting are exactly how I have it set .. .funny... 6mph more seems a good number.

1. re: lane change. On empty highway I actively steered off to left or right withour blinker being engaged. No reaction. Same in a curve. took hands off steering wheel assuming to get some "upset" when driving straight.

2. re : speed: the speed limit sign never shows, not in city nor on highway.

Go above 35 mph and slightly go to over the center line. The car will make a buzz sound as well as very lightly shake the steering wheel. For the speed warning just find for a speed limit sign and exceed it by the setting over you have configured. In my case anything over 6mph shows the speed limit sign in the middle of my dash. Also you can read info on it by clicking on the "I" logo on the configuration screen.

IMAG1975_zps2lsztuxg.jpg

Please define "does not work". What did you do? What do you expect to happen?

Right now if you drive faster than the speed limit and pass a speed limit sign an image of the sign will show up in the middle of the speedo. If you are going faster than 30 MPH on a multi lane road and drift too close to the lane marker you'll hear a sound like you're on a rumble strip repeated 3 times. You MAY also feel something. It's subtle. I hear the sound, but don't feel much of anything.

And that is Autopilot as it exists today. Autopilot is a crappy name for the features, IMHO, in that people will always be expecting more than the car can deliver.

no to both. I NEver got a speed sign in the middle of the speedo. I know it is limited at this time, but I feel it is not working and thanks for the feedback and he confirmation which seems to indicate it is not working.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. This is what I did. And your setting are exactly how I have it set .. .funny... 6mph more seems a good number.

1. re: lane change. On empty highway I actively steered off to left or right without blinker being engaged. No reaction. Same in a curve. took hands off steering wheel assuming to get some "upset" when driving straight.

IMAG1975_zps2lsztuxg.jpg

no to both. I NEver got a speed sign in the middle of the speedo. I know it is limited at this time, but I feel it is not working and thanks for the feedback and he confirmation which seems to indicate it is not working.

- - - Updated - - -

1. re: lane change. On empty highway I actively steered off to left or right without blinker being engaged. No reaction. Same in a curve. took hands off steering wheel assuming to get some "upset" when driving straight.

I would reach out to tesla and ask them what the heck is going on. Good luck