Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Was anybody able to order a P85 with the 470hp motor?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure everybody knows that shortly after the P85D announcement there was a brief window of time (maybe just a few weeks?) where the RWD P85 was still available, but the motor was listed at 470hp. I'm just curious whether anybody was able to order one of these, and more importantly are they actually being built and delivered? If so, it could prove to be one of the rarest Model S variants ever.

Not a variant, it was just the same P85 with a different way of reporting the power. Same situation as S60 today being listed with the same power as the S85, while it wasn't before the D announcement.
Ah, thank you for the explanation. Where might I have found this on my own? I did some searching, but came up empty. Thanks in advance!

Ah, thank you for the explanation. Where might I have found this on my own? I did some searching, but came up empty. Thanks in advance!

Wallet.dat: you were even the first one to reply in the thread above :)

I agree though that it's the same motor as always just a less conservative reporting of power. Of interest: in the Norwegian official car registry the Model S P85 is listed with a motor power of 69kW (which is likely the continous power of the motor).

It's the same in the Swedish register, for example: Biluppgifter för TESLA MODEL S (EKJ466)

Wallet.dat: you were even the first one to reply in the thread above :)

I agree though that it's the same motor as always just a less conservative reporting of power. Of interest: in the Norwegian official car registry the Model S P85 is listed with a motor power of 69kW (which is likely the continous power of the motor).

It's the same in the Swedish register, for example: Biluppgifter för TESLA MODEL S (EKJ466)
You're absolutely right -- I neglected to follow up with that thread, and I see there was a plausible explanation therein. Thanks :)

Of interest: in the Norwegian official car registry the Model S P85 is listed with a motor power of 69kW (which is likely the continous power of the motor).

It's the same in the Swedish register

and in denmark as well, properbly same all over europe.

and im very pleased with that, since it helps makes my insurens cheaper.
hope tesla never change that.