Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coming from an AMG CLS I find the air suspension ride a bit floaty.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not a fair comparison of course but is there any way to stiffen the suspension?

I thought that when I changed from coil to air, I thought something was wrong with the car the first time I drove it home. I've found that when the suspension is set to LOW, it's not that bad (or I just got used to it). I don't feel the "floatyness" in the P85D though.

It's hard to describe suspension feel, but I suspect the fact that you have a Sig may be a big part of the problem...early models were floaty all around. Later cars are much firmer.

Service centers can partly upgrade a Sig suspension, but it's fairly pricey. I think some people identified some parts for do-it-yourselfers, though I didn't pay much attention. Maybe look for threads by lolachampcar.

I came from the cls amg as well.. the tesla can't compare because it is several hundred lbs heavier.

Don't think it's a weight issue. 4300 lbs vs 4600. Not a huge difference -that's two passengers.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, looks like early VINS had a squishyness (i've noticed the nose rises during hard acceleration). $5000 retrofit

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/29958-Early-VINs-removing-the-rear-squishiness-by-upgrading-suspension-components?highlight=suspension