Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Best wishes to all for 2015!

Data for December deliveries in various regions should be dribbling out soon. Also, the North American Auto Show is coming up and it will be interesting to see if there is going to be a Model X reveal.

Happy new year to all. Very interesting 2015 ahead. Take a look at those Yahoo headlines saying Teslas best days are behind it. We also have Elon's personal issues. Here's to a blockbuster 2015 filled with more D's and model X's. I hope that Elon can obtain some more work life balance in the coming year as well.

Happy new year to all. Very interesting 2015 ahead. Take a look at those Yahoo headlines saying Teslas best days are behind it. We also have Elon's personal issues. Here's to a blockbuster 2015 filled with more D's and model X's. I hope that Elon can obtain some more work life balance in the coming year as well.

I am going to start saving these kind of video clips so that we can replay them one day at a Teslanaire's convention. Please join me there!

Last edited:

I think the best is yet to come for Tesla. That beast of a car (D) is unleashed on the world and will make people salivate over a car:biggrin:.

The potential for improvement of such a drivetrain will be there for a long time and no doubt Tesla engineers will continue to improve the performance with each new software upgrade.:cool: Customers are getting upgradeable cars.:cool:

The implications are huge. Car upgradeability will put pressure on the resale price of Tesla's in the second car market, making owning a Tesla even more attractive. The first wave of Tesla's customers is already moving to new (D) models, thus keeping pressure on demand and allowing second tier customers access to a second-hand market.

If favourable macroeconomic conditions persist for the next few years, that will allow Tesla to establish SC and galleries infrastructure around the globe and to strengthen its footprint and supply chain, without huge penalties imposed on TSLA due to sacrificing profitability to fund growth.

Elon seems like he is in a fun mode, judging by his last tweet.
Tweet.png

Anyone care to guess how the stock will react in the short term, in January? I thought it might be fun to take a shot at it as I've been looking at the historical data for Tesla during the months of December/January from the last year. TSLA traded sideways for about the first 2 weeks in the 140-150 range in January, then it took off to a very positive climb to $170s as investors placed their bets for QR, by early March TSLA was at $250. Hopefully history repeats itself and we get a $100 catalyst like Dec.-March of last year. Although the price doesn't seem to reflect this, IMO TSLA is so much more awesome than 9 months ago.

Just read an article in Italian saying that Tesla will get the required range for the P85D with a software making the torque "sleep" when not necessary.

According to me this won't be the last software release concerning range. There will be other software releases managing to improve the range by making "sleep" other features.

:cool:

Just read an article in Italian saying that Tesla will get the required range for the P85D with a software making the torque "sleep" when not necessary.

According to me this won't be the last software release concerning range. There will be other software releases managing to improve the range by making "sleep" other features.

:cool:

Its definitely not the last update. Range will improve with real road testing as more data comes in from current owners.

In regards to January, we can only hope for some catalyst during the NAIAS if Tesla brings the Model X Beta (they had the Alpha there last year). For me, I was thinking Tesla would have a slow and steadied climb that was less frenzied this year, but given the ridiculous headlines I think there will be a few tsunami's of hurt despite the fact that we are in a period of uncertainty (balance between global economic growth and increasing rates looming)

Its definitely not the last update. Range will improve with real road testing as more data comes in from current owners.

In regards to January, we can only hope for some catalyst during the NAIAS if Tesla brings the Model X Beta (they had the Alpha there last year). For me, I was thinking Tesla would have a slow and steadied climb that was less frenzied this year, but given the ridiculous headlines I think there will be a few tsunami's of hurt despite the fact that we are in a period of uncertainty (balance between global economic growth and increasing rates looming)

The Model S with the roof rack was the only car at NAIAS last year. I don't believe we have seen the Model X Alpha.

Status
Not open for further replies.