Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I-81 Hagerstown, MD to Chattanooga, TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My prediction for this portion of I-81 that is needed pretty badly and hopefully will make it to the 2015 maps !!

Hagertown to Chattanooga.JPG

The one you can't read behind Farragut is at I-40

Yes, I've done the 95 to 85 to 40 approach to Knoxville twice and it adds a bit over 100 miles and a ton of traffic to the drive (though fewer hills). Plus a forced overnight in Asheville. But then I want it extended all the way up to the I-84 junction :)

Hoping this is on the radar screen for 2015 as well.

Agreed! Maybe the appearance of a SC at Knoxville is showing us that it is on their map now. I put in a suggestion that this route is important because the Great Smokies is the most visited National Park, and the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive are huge draws as well.

More importantly, if you are going from New England/NYC/Eastern PA or Western MD to anywhere in the mid-south or western deep south (Charlotte, Asheville, Knoxville, Nashville, Birmingham, Atlanta, NOLA etc.) this is the preferred route. It is the only real alternate to 85/95 for most of the Eastern Seaboard. It is a huge connector.

An Update from Tesla....

Thank you for your email. We are actively working on several sites along the route you mentioned, in the Wytheville and Lexington areas, and we are still on track to open these stations this year. There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site, and we cannot make guarantees about opening dates, but we are working hard to open as many sites as quickly as we can. We understand the need for more Superchargers and we are excited to announce new sites on our website and in your Model S.

We appreciate your patience, enthusiasm and support in Tesla and our Supercharger technology.

Thank you,
The Tesla Supercharger Team