Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burlington VT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only thing I've heard is from their long-term plan, as shown here:
Supercharger | Tesla Motors
(Slide the slider to 2015)

That shows two dots near the Burlington VT area. That being said, the long-term dots on that map have moved around over time, so it's not a sure thing.

I don't know of any concrete plans as of yet. Once Tesla gets a permit for a particular location, though, it becomes a pretty sure thing. You can periodically check here to see if/when Burlington gets permitted:
Superchargers
(blue dot indicates a permit)

Cottonwood, any rough timeframe......? Also and please don't take this the wrong way, but you're in CO correct? Why the interest in the Northeast?

No hard dates for South Burlington, just "on the way." "On the way" is this side of a Tesla "coming soon." :wink:

I am interested in Superchargers in general. I did a drive from CO through NM, UT, AZ and CA last spring. I hope to do a nice long drive east in a year or two. I lived many years in NH and MA and still have many friends there. No offense taken.

Ok, cool.

I know that I keep an eye out for chargers that will complete a chain to where I want to go. Hence my interests in anything to connect CT with Montreal.

I have a cousin in CO, in the Denver area, and I will at sometime point make the drive out that way. Tesla just needs to connect the dots in Missouri and I can make it with out having to go up and around Nebraska and Iowa.

I live in Cleveland and am interested in Chinese superchargers. It's just a neat thing to be interested in.

Agreed.

Example:
I live in Maine
I do not own a Tesla
I have just spent time getting distances on Google Maps working out possible Supercharger locations from Kamloops to Denali National Park Visitors Center, because the idea of being able to drive an electric car to Alaska in reasonable time is cool. (The answer is: if it were summer season only the vast majority of Superchargers could be in places with actual names, but for full-on drive-a-60-in-winter you'd need to get a lot of power and Superchargers into the middle of nowhere.)

And Northern New England Superchargers are exciting because they're real enablers for regular tourists (summer and winter), vacation home owners and also make connections to Canada. More enabling means more sales and more miles.

Driving from Brattleboro to Burlington is pushing it, rangewise, in cold weather.

An SC in South Burlington (near the airport? Exit 11?) *and* an SC halfwayish to Brattleboro would make sense.

White River Junction would be an excellent location. Borders New Hampshire and the interstate. Opens up the next leg of a trip to Acadia National Park adjacent Bar Harbor, Maine (Second most-visited national park in the US).

Mas rapido, por favor.

Driving from Brattleboro to Burlington is pushing it, rangewise, in cold weather.

An SC in South Burlington (near the airport? Exit 11?) *and* an SC halfwayish to Brattleboro would make sense.

White River Junction would be an excellent location. Borders New Hampshire and the interstate. Opens up the next leg of a trip to Acadia National Park adjacent Bar Harbor, Maine (Second most-visited national park in the US).

Mas rapido, por favor.
There's a flag on the official "Coming Soon" Supercharger map near WRJ, although no one has figured out where that will be exactly.

Based on the 2015 Supercharger map, and confirming rumors reported here, Tesla has plans to extend the I-95 charging north from its current end in East Greenwich RI with four sites:
  • Dedham MA (at the new service center)
  • Salisbury MA (near the interchange with I-495 at the NH line)
  • Portland ME (Fore St Garage?)
  • Augusta ME (off exit 112)
  • Bangor ME (probably at the Bangor Mall, exit 186)
It's only 100 miles from Augusta to Bar Harbor (along ME-3, cutting 20 miles off I-95 route), so you probably don't even need the Bangor SC to get to Acadia.

The Augusta charger is really the key Maine SC for VT/NH drivers; you can drive from Hookset to Augusta easily enough (155 miles on the fast roads, 145 on the back roads).

Robert, that's good news - thanks.

Cottonwood - I as well have contacts back east and look forward to the day when I can get there via SCs without having to go through South freakin' Dakota (e.g., via the southern route, starting with a next SC in Tucson pronto to open up the way through the Great Texas Wasteland). Given the topography and wx of just VT, it makes complete sense to have 3 SCs in that state (South Burlington, WRJ, Brattleboro).

I know, I know... "soon". Or "on the way", as the case may be :).

Nice update implying that Burlington, VT is being worked on, whatever that means...

From Supercharger - West Lebanon NH - Page 5:

Following our trip to Montreal (see other post) I decided to send in my comments to a variety of people @ Tesla. Please find below what we got from them so far:

"Thank you for your email and feedback. Our station near Lebanon, NH is approaching the construction stage and should be open in the coming months. We are actively working on our site in the Burlington, VT area with the goal of opening this site around the Summer however we cannot make guarantees about opening dates. There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site but we are working hard to open as many sites as quickly as we can. We understand the need for more Superchargers and we are excited to announce new sites on our website and in your Model S – so you can frequently take those road trips with ease.
We appreciate your patience, enthusiasm and support in Tesla and our Supercharger technology."

Nice update implying that Burlington, VT is being worked on, whatever that means...

Burlington, VT lets you check online for permits issued, recently submitted, and under review. I couldn't find anything for Tesla, Black and Veatch, Supercharger or charging.

However, TM mentions the Burlington, VT area (and you had previously mentioned South Burlington).Indeed, I-89 cuts through more territory in the separate city of South Burlington than in its neighbor. Furthermore, unlike Burlington, South Burlington is serviced by Green Mountain Power, one of the three TM partners mentioned in the Powerwall press kit.

Unfortunately, South Burlington doesn't offer the same permit information online as Burlington does.

Anyone wish to call their planning and Zoning department?

Pretty sure I've just found plans for a South Burlington supercharger!

http://clerkshq.com/content/Attachm...50602drb_05.pdf?clientSite=SouthBurlington-vt

Now, this is basically the first time I've ever seen anything like this before, so I'm not sure I'm reading this right. But, it looks like the permit process began May 22, and the address is 222 Dorset Street. Does this mean we can get a permit dot on supercharge.info?

Woot!