- P85D ordered in late November. Production started Dec 12, production was complete Dec 18, and I took delivery Dec 29, as promised from the day we ordered the car. Almost all options. 19" wheels for all the reasons discussed on this forum, including range and wear. Very impressed with the speed of the process and delivery.
- DS was terrific, highly responsive, answering questions often past 11 pm. He and the team also corrected a minor but important problem by replacing a defective part found during inspection.
- DS told me next gen seats in the rear, performance seats in the front. During walkthrough, the tech told me he thought they were both next gen seats. Reality: both performance seats (I had to point this out and show pictures of actual next gen seats from this forum!). Front and rear next gen seats are now on the due bill.
- My detailer, who has the car now, was fairly critical of the state of the car at delivery, and said everything was clearly rushed. That said, he's incredibly detail-oriented, and a perfectionist. Even so, some of the prep issues were obvious, even to me, such as soap suds on the mirrors and fingerprints all over the insides.
- The only issue found so far that will require adjusting is a bit of wind noise leaking in at highway speeds around the passenger side A pillar glass triangle, I think. Service center already set up an appointment to fix it. I quoted another post on this forum reporting the same thing (but on the driver side).
- Though I lost the seat lottery, I won the heated steering wheel lottery, which is very nice since the latter can't be changed
- Overall, I'm very happy with the car, which is terrific. The imperfections in the process are understandable given the extreme rush at Tesla, though that doesn't change their existence.
I'm very grateful for this forum, which provided a wealth of important information throughout the process. So thank you everyone!!! Now we just need the range problem to be fixed so that our cars actually deliver their advertised range. I'm optimistic this will happen, mostly because betting against Tesla and Elon has not proven to be wise in the past.
Good luck and happy holidays to all soon-to-be owners!