Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SAE ports in Seattle Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A friend in Seattle is considering getting a BMW i3 as a Tesla Temporizer but as far as I know in this region the SAE plug is a nail with no hammers.
In plugshare I only found 17 in the continental US - in CA (SFO/SJC and LAX/SAN).
Looking forward: Does anyone know if there are plans for any of the charging networks/consortiums etc to start deploying SAE plugs in this area? (I'm not making a judgement whether it's a good idea or not, just asking..)
(I forgot to say that with the limited range the i3, like a Leaf, may benefit from really fast charging or be constrained to a metro car, and I'm also not judging whether the i3 is a good choice if the SAE plug comes up as a question )
Thanks!

Last edited:
I've been watching this too; but so far I have heard of no concrete plans in the area. BMW offered cheap 24kW DC chargers to local dealers; but I talked to the Tacoma dealer recently (Seattle and Bellevue are too close to my house to matter; those three are the only BMW dealers in the state) and they confirmed that they will NOT install one.

However, there has been quite a bit of chatter about a BMW announcement on DC charging that is supposed to come in January. I am not holding my breath, but am very interested to hear what it will be.